New traditional shooter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New traditional shooter

Well, I noticed that my little girl needed something more than a bow that shoots suction cup arrows. So while I was out yesterday, I picked her up a Bear 1st shot bow.

For 20 bucks you are shooting vanes off the shelf and and off course the arrow will kick badly and slap the target. Not fun when the arrow doesn't stick, so I needed to go to work.

Some velcro for the rest and refletching with feathers and we got back at it. The look on her face when the box went THUD and the arrow stuck was priceless.

She really took to some good form too...

Gonna have to have her try some FSCs now.

Looking good!

Comment

Future IBO champion for sure.. Too cute.

Comment

Cutie, there! Man, she's focused on her target, too! Did you do the arrow fletching yourself? Looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
          Cutie, there! Man, she's focused on her target, too! Did you do the arrow fletching yourself? Looks good.
          Yep. We shot after church with the stock setup. I then stripped the vanes off, refletched them, and scrounged up some velcro to put on the rest during the Broncos v Pats game. After the glue was dry, we went back out and shot again with the arrows flying straight.

Comment

Great day there, Swamp: church, football, diy crafting and archery with the daughter!

Comment

That's awesome Scott!!

Bisch

Comment

Awesome goin there daddy Scott! Way to bring her up right! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

That's terrific. Keep em interested. :-)

Comment

Way too cool PA PA welcome to the new shooter

Comment

Yes indeed!

Comment

Sweet!!! She has a great shooting coach.

Comment

Great going!

Comment

Good stuff buddy!!!!! How old is your little girl? Mine is almost 5 and has really taking a interest and liking to shooting

Comment

this is so cool. my son is 3.5 years old and I would like to get him interested in doing this as well, I may wait until he is around 5 or so.

Comment

Working...
                              X