No announcement yet.

Favorite Bow and Why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently bought a Diamond Carbon Cure set to 28.5in draw at 65lbs. I know it's not the fanciest bow, but I really like it. It's smooth, quiet, and fast. Fun to shoot and didn't totally kill the wallet.

Comment

I am fond of the bows I build. Maybe a little biased

Comment

1968 Damon Howatt Super Diablo.
        They don't make them like that anymore.

Comment

I personally only shoot compounds , I would have to say I absolutely love my bowtech tribute . It's fast , quiet , lite , and just fits me really well. I can honestly say that there is not a time that I can recall ever missing.

Comment

Centaur Triple Carbon Elite 60" 58# @ 30"
            It's light with zero hand shock. The grip fits like a glove with no way to torque it no matter how much you cant it! Yes it smokes 620 grain arrow 188 fps!

Comment

Originally posted by bob sarrels View Post
              I am fond of the bows I build. Maybe a little biased
              Me too, Bob. And I ain't biased. Your bow just made me a better archer within the first half-hour. I never knew it could be so easy to shoot well.

I've owned about a dozen longbows in the last five years, but I wouldn't trade my BlueRidge SR for all of them put together.

No mystery misses. It always does its part. I'm working on holding up my end. :-)

Joe

Comment

#1 Sarrels Blue Ridge; 46 @ 28"
                #2 Checkmate Crusader; 53 @ 28"
                I, like a lot of y'all, have had many I've loved over the years, but the Blue Ridge is by FAR my favorite, followed closely by my Checkmate. They both are deadly accurate, and don't miss what they're shootin at....as long as I don't get involved! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Osage selfbow ..built her myself...skinned with copperheads...60"/60#@27.5"

Comment

My Osage self bow. It shoots great but that isn't why. I made it but that isn't why. It's my first I built. Everyone told me I couldn't do it. I heard it all. Those billets are too old( they were marked December of 1956), splicing at the handle can't be done without a bandsaw. I got my grandpas 1920's drawknife and embarked on a journey that was full of ups and downs. But the first shot was worth all those hours roughing, tillering, sanding and finishing. It could have broke on the second shot and I would've picked up the drawknife and started over in the same breath. It didn't though. It's had well over a thousand shots through it and hasn't taken 1/2" of set. I've built more bows but that one will always be my favorite.

Comment

I like the ones that I build. They seem to fit me like a glove and if they dont then I sand and tweak here and there till they do.

have many favorites sarrels, south cox, jack kempf, javaman, james parker

Comment

My 59# Blackwidow, it shoots great and it was a gift from my BFF, Buff.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                          MOAB 62#@27' but that may shange after I get to shooting my Big River 21st Century style 64#@27", I'll let you know. MOAB is in the avatar.
                          Big River is 65# @27" and they both a 60" longbows. Big River is sure screaming fast with 800-900 grain arrows. Thought the MOAB was fast.

Comment

Bob Lee Hunter, 60" 58#

Comment

Working...
                            X