No announcement yet.

Fast Flight String Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys quit pickin on my Buddy Bisch taken up for you here bud. Did you hear me. Jerry did you hear me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
      I have no problem hearing the "thud" of a longbow and the "TWANG" of a recurve! None at all. None of you folks understand hearing loss. It is not that I don't hear, it is that I don't understand spoken words, esp those in the higher frequencies.

Bisch
      Well then you probably can't hear me worth a crap. I've been told that my voice is rather high pitched. I've always thought I sound like John Wayne until I hear myself on a tape recorder and wonder who the Hell that is.

My wife says I don't hear well. I have been telling hear for 36 yrs that I work in a high noise area and I have a constant loud ringing in my ears. I tone things out or I would go nuts. I keep telling her to get my attention then talk. She is 3 sentences into everything she is trying to tell me before I ever know she is talking to me.

Bisch if we did not love ya we would not pick on you.

Comment

UPDATE:

I tried removing weight from the tip and it did not seem to make a difference.

After leaving the bow strung for several days the string seemed to quiet slightly.

After doing some reading, I found a suggestion to wax the limbs where they contact the pockets on the riser. I put a coating on the limbs and bolts, and seems to have helped as well.

Unfortunately the bow is nowhere near as silent as it was before the string swap.

Comment

Working...
        X