No announcement yet.

Need help planning for a turkey hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great videos Mark! I have killed some gobblers with a compound but I have yet to seal the deal with a trad bow. Maybe I can get it done this Spring!

Comment

Bearded hens are legal in a lot of counties now in the spring! We had a bunch of them on the lease in Tilden. I have shot 4 or 5 of them down there, one of which was a real dandy that I should have had mounted!

Comment

Yeah, looking at the county maps, it looks like a lot of people just have them on their lease. My lease is only during WT season and turkey's are off limits in the fall (which in all honesty, I am busy chasing WT anyways!)

I did do some searching and the prices on the majority of those Turkey hunts are pretty steep. $1500 for 3 days/1 turkey... whether you get a turkey or not! I'm assuming because of the ranches they are on, but dang, a turkey hunt might be out of my reach at those prices.

Comment

Well, I thought I had a hunt lined up, but it is not working out. Bump to the top for some more recommendations.

Comment

Alabama Creek WMA used to be open during Spring turkey. Next time DM has a get together you should come. We can talk turkey.

Comment

Working...
            X