Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first deer with a trad bow (Loooong read!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott, that is an amazing story brother! Congratulations! I remember when you first started asking questions about this trad thing. It's been an amazing journey for you and one that will continue and only get better. Congrats again. You did it buddy and I'm sure you'll do it many times more. Good to you and your son!
    Last edited by Loreva13; 11-11-2015, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Congratulations and a good write up.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
        Congratulations Scott. Good read and a good first deer with your bow. That one will be the hardest of them all, it all get's easier now.
        I wonder how long this "high" will last. Put some more ice on the deer this morning and went out and shot since I flung a few on Sunday. Man, it felt different shooting at the 3D deer knowing I had a real one on ice in the garage.

Comment

Funny how that is huh?! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Super NICE!
            A first Trad Bow kill is something to celebrate! I have not done it yet (except for killing a skunk last weekend - seriously, I shot one with a blunt tipped flu-flu and hit it right in the head - to my surprise and relief actually!).

Way to go! I'm taking my trad bows and my patched round ball muzzle loaders only with me next hunting trip. I plan to use the bows only though!

Comment

Man, I gotta say - I had to go back and read your story all over again. I really enjoyed it. It kinda 'takes you away' and made me feel there for a moment since I could feel what you were saying.
              Great story - congratulations again. That's a heck of a confidence builder.

Comment

Congrats on your deer . Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                  The next couple trips out I am going to be guiding my 10yr old son. This weekend is the first weekend he didn't have anything extracurricular to participate in, so we are going to try and get him on his first deer EVER.
                  Originally posted by mpotts View Post
                  Good luck to the young man
                  Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
                  Pass it on Scott, good luck to you and the boy!! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
                  Well, after a very slow start to the weekend hunting, things picked up Saturday morning when a buck I had been watching Since opening morning of archery season made a lone appearance. We were rifle hunting from brush blinds setup 100 yards away or some I had specially setup at 50 yards. I had to hand corn at 50 for this final sit and this buck, who never came into my hand corn finally slipped up and came to it. We had to wait 30 minutes for him to finally give my son a shot as he'd walked to the hand corn, didn't give a shot, walked back to the feeder, and then eventually walked back to the hand corn via a different route. Needless to say, I've had a fantastic couple weekends of hunting! First with a trad bow, and then now first for my son!

Comment

Working...
                  X