Going Live from McAlester Ammunition Plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going Live from McAlester Ammunition Plant

I know several TBHers who've made the trip up to the shoot at the base, and remember a couple last year who were lucky enough to draw out for a hunt here last year as well. It is an awesome place and a whitetail hunters dream, with some of the biggest deer in the state of OK calling this place home. I've had the good fortune of hunting here 5 previous times in the last 12 years and have harvested a couple does (aka free tickets back!) but I have yet to get a chance at shooting or evening drawing back in a buck at the legendary place. I've seen several nice deer in my trips and passed several small bucks, so I'm really hoping the 6th time will be the charm!
    Thus far it has been a very lackluster season compared to years past at the base. Last weekend, two pope and young bucks were taken (first of the year) and only 19 deer total. The weekend before, only 9 were taken. It's been really tough hunting there this year for those who've already been between the record hot weather early, full moon in the middle, and the last two weekends flooding, so I'm really hoping this weekend will be much more productive especially with the forecasts they are showing for us!
    There will be four of us going on the trip, myself, my stepdad, my uncle, and a good friend of ours as well. Packed the truck tonight (looks like we are gonna be gone for a month or more!) and the stepdad and I will be heading out early in the morning and meet the other two there at the land of the Giants! Got the bow tuned in and have really been practicing an focusing on shooting for the elbow so hopefully something will give me a chance to fling an arrow!!

I'll try to keep it live as possible so bare with me!
    Last edited by MedicineMan7; 11-04-2015, 10:46 PM.

Good luck!

Comment

Ive hear about that place from time to time.
      Best of luck and safe travels. Looking forward of LDP's of that dream buck

Comment

Good luck Shilloh. You taken that selfbow? Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          Ive hear about that place from time to time.
          Best of luck and safe travels. Looking forward of LDP's of that dream buck

Hopefully I can fulfill that order! [emoji16]

Originally posted by Selfbowman View Post
          Good luck Shilloh. You taken that selfbow? Arvin

No sir, haven't spent enough time shooting it, so I'm going with my longbow.

Comment

Good luck, Shiloh!

Bisch

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Good Luck !!!

Comment

Good luck! Some true monsters in there.

Comment

Best of luck to you, hope you have a safe and successful hunt.

Comment

Big boy territory there. Get em!

Comment

Good luck! That is one of the most fun hunts that I have been on

Comment

Good Luck Shiloh ! You taking my Named Arra??? LOL - Dano

Comment

Originally posted by Gandgolf View Post
                            Good Luck Shiloh ! You taking my Named Arra??? LOL - Dano

Yes sir its in the quiver!!

Just got done checking in. We go scout this afternoon and hang stands then hunt Friday thru Sunday. To say in excited would be an understatement!

Comment

What unit are you in?

Comment

Working...
                              X