For All You Trad Guys!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For All You Trad Guys!!!!

THAT ARE LEFT HANDED!!LOL!! I just happed to find a lefthanded Widow on ebay.... still think its around 500.00, from what I understand thats a dang good price...

If I had the beans I would buy it!!

Yea if it wasn't right after Christmas I'd be all over that.

Comment

I guess that's a good deal - But I'm shooten the best recurve made now and it sales new for about the same price as the used widow. and I'm also a Lefty .

Comment

So what bow would that be Lefty?

Comment

Sweptwing

Comment

Wow. "The best recurve made now." Hmm...

That is a mighty big claim.

Comment

And I thought all this "best bow" stuff only applied to compound shooters! LOL Silly me!

Comment

IMHO - I have shot a lot of recurves and the Sweptwing is at the top of the list (my list). Just because a bow cost a month's wages doesn’t make it the best bow!

Comment

I can't agree with you more Lefty, If it makes YOU happy that's all that matters.

There are so many bowyers making so many great bows right now it's really a golden age.

You can't touch a custom rifle for the prices you'll pay for the TOP TOP end custom bows right now. You can get a true piece of deadly art for less than $1,000 from almost any bowyer most of the truly sought-after artisans have a 8 to 14 month lead time on any new order so you don't even have to come up with the money for a nearly a year. The bows that Blacktail, Morrison, Windauer and Habu are turning out right now are worth every penny and worth the wait.

If you can't wait, there are plenty of guys that will turn you out a bow in a couple months for a few hundred less. Every one of those bows will be deadly in the right hands and they'll all look pretty good.

If it suits you, it suits me fine Lefty.

Comment

I'm shooting a Martin Hunter 55# and I think it's a great bow for me. I would like a Widow just to have one but she would have to really shoot good before I'd quit hunting with the Martin. Personnelly I think everyone has a favorite bow and I'm lucky enough to have found mine.

Comment

Spot N Stalk nailed it. I shoot a Blacktail and I haven't seen a nicer, better shooter yet. That's just me! I will own a Sweptwing though, I've known Rick for years, and he does make a nice bow. However, there are few bowyers that can match Norm Johnson when it comes to craftsmanship and quality....

Comment

My cousin shoots either --right or left---and has some of the high end recurves. He has several to choose from and I agree, the Blacktails and Zippers are absolutely beautiful bows and he still has at least one of each of them and several more. When it comes time to head to the woods, his go-to bow is one which is much cheaper than the rest and he claims that he likes it better than any of the others. It is a CheckMate. I don't own one but I like the looks of them and I have heard nothing but good about them. They are certainly worth looking at if you are in the market for a new bow. There's just so many good bows available today that it's a tough choice to make---and that is a wonderful problem to have!! Best wishes,
                        Eastex

Comment

Working...
                        X