Stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck

Have any of yall ever been stranded in bfe with the truck buried to the axles with no way to get out all because your buddy "has never been stuck in that truck before"?

I have. Ask Chackworth about it sometime. Im sure he would love to tell the story. I told him I wasn't mad at him but he was not going to hear the end of it any time soon. So it begins.

Hahaha! And it starts...

Comment

C'mon don't leave us hanging!!

Comment

Ugh, really, cough up the details already.

Comment

and pictures

Comment

Yeah, it sucks... Had to spend the night in it.

Pics?

Comment

Yup and top It off I spun 2 rod bearings in the process of trying to get out .

Comment

Well I should really let Chris tell the story but......

It was a nice pleasant North Texas afternoon when I got a text from Chris asking if I wanted to go a quick scouting trip. I, being the avid outdoorsman that I am and not wanting to leave a friend hanging on a scouting trip, said sure. Told my wife Id be home around 8pm and headed to meet Chris. We began our trip by running into a road closed detour ( washed out bridge) that set us back about 20 minutes. Not phased one bit we continued on our mission. Once we began nearing the destination area which is in the area of the ( this parts is key information for later on) RECENTLY FLOODED lake Texoma. We observed how the road appeared to be fine but all the fields and low areas looked to be somewhat flooded and boggy. Still un phased we continued on. As we turned onto the MUD road that lead to our parking area, the tires on Chris' vehicle began to spin, we fish tailed a little as Chris reached up and turned the 4x4 switch. The 4wheel drive engaged as we approached a horrible looking hole of water. Ya know the kind with the putrid green slimy moss on it? Chris, still un phased and sure of his trucks ability to traverse any and all obstacles that the Good Lord could put in front of us, drives into the mud. But this is where our lives changed forever. Notice I didn't same drives through the mud. After several futile attempts to dislodge the vehicle from the grasp of Satan himself we agreed that we were indeed "screwed".

Chris made a phone call to a cousin with a 4x4 and since it would take them over an hour to get there I suggested that we go ahead and scout. Which we did. We returned to the vehicle at about the same time as help arrived. We were extremely confident that we would be home at approximately the time we had originally planned at this point. But as is often the case when one assumes, Or Hopes and Dreams of an easy extraction where quickly squashed like a beer can on a frat brother's forehead.

So now that we have two trucks stuck we decide to call a wrecker service. No 4x4 wrecker available and we were too far off the road to reach with a winch cable. But not to be defeated so easily I suggest we call a friend of mine that has a BIG 4x4 with GOOD mud tires on it. I call him, but he is at work. But like a true friend he volunteers his truck and another buddy ( they might still be friends not really sure after this ) to come to our rescue. Truck # 3 is enroute.

Now it is approximately 10 oclock when the third truck arrives. But we aren't going to be out smarted and decide to back him into the location because it would make it easier to pull us out if the pulling truck is driving forward. Great idea in theory, however we failed to consider that it is not as easy as it seems to back down a narrow, slimy, hate filled, muddy road that is dead set on ripping out your soul. Truck # 3 begins backing in to hook up and jerk us out of there. Not so bad still be home by 11.

Now that we have 3 TRUCKS STUCK we start to get a little worried. Fortunately for us a couple of the guys from the tow company had decided to come out and see if they could help in their personal vehicle. (Thank You 8lb 6 ounce little dark haired blue eyed baby Jesus) They show up with chains and a come along. We manage to anchor the stuck ford to the stuck chevy and come along the Toyota free of the Pit. Then we come along the Chevy free using the ford as an anchor. Now to get the Ford out.

We stretch out approximately 60 foot of chain and 80 foot of straps that Chris' father brought (yeah we called him to just incase the ford got stuck). See we aren't stupid. These straps are attached to the Tow company guys truck that was parked just out of harms way of all the devil mud. He begins trying to pull the Ford. To no avail. Actually we did accomplish something. The tow guys truck slid off the road and got stuck. Souls crushed and spirits dampened we began to dig the ford out with shovels while the tow guys tackled getting their truck out.

Approximately 45 minutes and I'm going to say 400k cubic yards of shoveled mud later the Tow guys had there truck out and we had what we thought was a smooth path dug out for the ford to ease right out of the mud hole. Once again though the evil mud road said Nay you shall not pass. So in a last ditch effort we stretched out every strap chain and cable that we had and managed to get the truck hooked up to a large pecan tree with the come along in between. Now we are talking. This plan worked great. It only took about 2 hours of cranking on the come along at a 1/8th in at a time to pull the ford 40 feet and free it from the death grip of the Devil mud.

The Tow guys moved their truck the ford drove out. We pushed the chevy from all four sides and kept it in the road way while it backed up around and was able to drive out. Then repeated the process with the Toyota.

All vehicles free couple hundred dollars in tow straps and about 9 hours later we were headed home. Grabbed a quick shower and was in bed by 4 am.

But we did find some good deer sign and Truth be told Id do it all again. But Next Time Im DRIVING!!!!

Comment

Lol. Atleast you have a heck of a story!

Comment

Yep. Had a long walk one night to a farmers house, ride on the back of his tractor, stuck the tractor, walked back to his house, he took me to town where someone picked me up. Next day got a truck with large winch on it to pull us both out. He was really happy when I knocked on his door the next day to give him a ride to get his unstuck tractor.

Comment

Love it when that happens, not to me though, I never get stuck.
                      I stay out of that stuff

Comment

Good info. I'll remember that next time I am in the truck with Chris.

Comment

That is a pretty accurate recounting of the story...

Comment

So, everybody knows:

PICS, OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!

Sounds like a wonderful time!

Bisch

Comment

Well Bisch my phone was dead. But Chris may have pics Im not sure

Comment

Working...
                              X