Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Stalk to 12 yards... my first bobcat ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stalk to 12 yards... my first bobcat ...

I was busted by a small bobcat while rabbit hunting. We had a long standoff at 20 yards with alot of brush between us.The wait was too much for me & I took a small step to see if I could make him take a few steps into the open for a clear shot. No dice. He took off like a shot. Well after looking around for him in the brush I put my broadhead back in the quiver & went back to rabbit hunting with a field point( too much brush for my judo points). Well about 1 & 1/2 hours later I jumped another rabbit & it ran into a bunch of brush about 60 or 70 yards away. Trying to be as quiet as possible I crept along the treeline everynow & then hearing some rustling in the brush ( thinking it was still the rabbit). When I got to about 40 yards I could see the bobcat had seen the same rabbit that I had jumped into the brush & it was him that had been making the rustling noise. Well I changed back to the only Broadhead in my back quiver, and I really slowed down now . Trying to be quieter than I ever have been,I crept about 25-28 yards closer, but it took me nearly 20 minutes. Being otherwise occupied with the rabbit he was trying to get out from under the log he never noticed me & although the shot was slighter farther back then I liked, he didn't make it 10 yards from the hit. After I snuck up to him ( making sure he was dead & not just playing possum) I found 3 or 4 other rabbits that had been killed & covered up by either this cat or another. Isn't it eerie how proficient these little cats are at killing . I know I learned a good lesson that day & I will be alot more patient& slow & hopefully quieter in the woods in the future. One more thing that I must say is that this is my first kill ( other than rabbits , squirrels , birds on the ground or low hanging limbs) with a wooden arrow. & not to sound to cliche but it was a magical moment & my hoyt will probably loose out when it comes to deer season next year. No other feeling like that feeling .......Indian style.

Congrats!

Rare opportunity to stalk a bobcat.

Comment

Congratulations: You have done something that a lot of people have never done. You can justly be proud of the cat. There are more bobcats around than most folks believe.

Comment

Congrats brother! What an awsome achievement. That bow looks good too. Is it just me, or does it seem like there are more cats around this year?

Comment

That's awesome man,the hunter becomes the prey.

DJ

Comment

Congrats on the cat.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Good job! Must have been really exciting.

Comment

I have stalked Bobcats, just don't see anypoint to killin them. My brother kills all coyotes and bobcats but he runs quail hunts at his place
                  Last edited by BowBuddy; 01-07-2007, 09:48 PM. Reason: oops

Comment

I think the point in it is to see if you can. He did it. I'm proud of him.

Comment

awesome great job

Comment

Congrads,Gettin a bobcat,stalking,you the Man!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

congrats

Comment

That's a serious accomplishment. Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X