Extreme.FOC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme.FOC

How much FOC is too much FOC. The new arrows I just built are coming in at 29.31 foc.

Quest thumper 350 spine tapered shaft. 27 7/8 arrow length. 200 grain insert 190 grain meathead broadhead A&A 2.5 inch fletchings with turbulator tape. Total arrow eight is around 680.

Bow is 68lb @ 27 inch draw.

Theoretically, there is never too much FOC. If the arrow tunes well, and you can shoot it well, then it is just fine!

Bisch

Comment

That sounds perfect to me! I have been wanting to greatly increase my foc since I only have 15% right now. I want to get it up around 25% or greater. I must agree with the above statement, no such thing as too much foc. (I just don't want to go any shorter with the current arrows that I have. So I need new stiffer shafts.)

Sounds like you built your arrows to the "T" from the Ashby Reports.

Comment

What is foc?

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
          What is foc?
          Front of Center. It refers to the balance point of the arrow. The more weight up front, the farther towards the tip of the arrow the balance point will be.

Bisch

Comment

sweetinlow660 just interested, how much bow weight are you pulling?

Years ago I bought my first set of carbon arrows and they would not bare shaft until I put 250 grains of weight on the front. after doing so they flew like darts.

I posted my findings on The Leatherwall and I had several people tell me what a bonehead I was because my POC was gonna be all out of whack etc...etc...

About 2 months later Bob Morrison of Morrison Bows posted that he had came up with something he called Front Loading. Basically the same thing that I had done. He was a GENIUS. I have to admit I was a bit peeved.

I shoot between 200-250 on the front of my arrows. I do not have a clue what my POC is. I just add or take away weight until my arrows fly well. If your arrows are flying good that is all that matters.

Comment

The bow is 73@28 but my draw is around 26 3/4 - 27

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
                The bow is 73@28 but my draw is around 26 3/4 - 27
                I have a 27" draw. Sure would like to have about 29" or so.

Comment

I kinda like being able to shoot short arrows though

Comment

Working...
                  X