Wearing out a tab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wearing out a tab?

Trying to figure out if my tab is wearing out. I shoot a saunders pak tab. As far as I can tell, I have not changed anything shooting wise, but the pad on my index finger was tingly after shooting and I noticed it felt kinda raw.

How long do your tabs last?

I shoot a Pak-Tab, and have only worn one out, and you know how much I shoot!

Hold the tab up to a light, and see if you can see light through it where one of your fingers rests. Just the brown part with the finger hole.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
      I shoot a Pak-Tab, and have only worn one out, and you know how much I shoot!

Hold the tab up to a light, and see if you can see light through it where one of your fingers rests. Just the brown part with the finger hole.

Bisch
      I looked at it again and there is no way it could be worn. I am wondering if I might have hooked the string once on the other side of tab. Its a split finger tab and now looking at the raw spot it is a streak the width of my bottom nocking point. That or the tab shifted down and I just didn't notice.

Comment

I have hooked on the wrong side of the tab once, but I noticed it right away.

Comment

I've had that happen with my Eichler tab. Pretty positive it was one of my shots where I waved hello at the end and I'd scraped my fingers off the string rather then just letting it go. And fingers are pretty sensitive so mine stung the rest of the time but probably from that one poor shot.

Comment

My Pak-Tab is still going strong after about two, more or less, years of use.

Comment

Working...
            X