No announcement yet.

Bow build , napping, shoot etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staves are the raw product you have just before you touch it with a tool...doesnt look like a bow...looks like long split wood...is that perfecrly unclear?.....lmbo....a seasoned stave is a beautiful thing.

Comment

Im in if you will alow a tired old glass bow maker

Comment

I would really like to come, I have one weekend that I am already committed to in Oct.

If there is no conflict, I will be there. I don't know that I have any special skills, but I am good at labor. I will be watching this for a firm date.

Comment

Arvin, I'm in depending on what weekend. Have to check if I am working.

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
            There's a fellow named Mickey Miller in Dallas who wrote his master's thesis on primitive weapons in north Texas. As part of his research, he built a bunch of bows and went hunting with them. I got to see some of his bows, and he is uber talented. He has Osage bows with all kinds of character and knot holes through them. It was pretty dazzling to behold. Anyway, the last time I talked to him, he had something like 200 Osage staves. We should see if we can get him to come. Here's his paper if anybody is interested:

http://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/...s_d/thesis.pdf
            Thanks for sharing this Sam! interesting read for sure, as far as thesis go anyway! I would love to have been a fly on the wall at his defense!

Jon

Comment

I'd love to be there.

Comment

Sam get the stave guy!!!! I will probably make it worth his while alone. I also want to meet this expert. Yes you old glass bow man if it where not for you I would have never built a Selfbow. We expect to have you here. Would not be a weaver anything without you and JT.

Comment

Deb says third week of October. Yes I know hunting season. It's just one weekend out of about 15! Besides that is when the great camping starts.And camping at the Weavers will be fun. Camp fires , guitar picking, good food, lots of lying around fires and arcery course.Sam I have not seen Robert on this we need him.
                  Last edited by Selfbowman; 05-13-2015, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Selfbowman View Post
                    Sam I have not seen Robert on this we need him.
                    I'll make sure he sees this thread.

Comment

Sam I have not seen Robert on this we need him.
                      I sent Robert a text to look at this thread!

Bisch

Comment

I will be there and will help any way I can.

Comment

Hopefully I will be there.

Comment

Boy, somebody tag David Lenz! Sounds like a good time. I'll try to make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
                              I would really like to come, I have one weekend that I am already committed to in Oct.

If there is no conflict, I will be there. I don't know that I have any special skills, but I am good at labor. I will be watching this for a firm date.
                              You have major story telling skills. The one about you glueing your head to the floor still cracks me up.

Comment

Deb says third week of October. Yes I know hunting season. It's just one weekend out of about 15! Besides that is when the great camping starts.And camping at the Weavers will be fun. Camp fires , guitar picking, good food, lots of lying around fires and arcery course.Sam I have not seen Robert on this we need him.

So it's gonna be the 16-18th?

Comment

Working...
                                X