youth/beginer arrows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

youth/beginer arrows?

I have some Predator II Carbon Express arrows that had been recommended by someone much more knowledgeable than me. I'm happy with the arrows and sure the advice was good as . Why are these advertised as youth/beginner arrows rather than just arrows?

Shorter length? Light spine? That's my guess.

Comment

Probably because they are light spined, and as such, are designed for lower draw weight bows.

Bisch

Comment

Lighter spine and cheaper than other arrows offered in the same spine range. The higher end arrows are technically straighter and more consistent in weight, but a "beginner" would not notice the difference.

Shooting a traditional bow most of us would not be able to tell the difference. For me they are just arrows and there is no reason to spend more money.

Comment

Spine .491, 3050 Predator II Carbon Express and 28 1/2 inches.

Comment

The PredatorII arows come in 20/40 and 30/50 spine ratings. Those are for lighter poundage bows, so they market them to youth and women.

Bisch

Comment

OK so are you calling me a girl? lol
              What is the .491, thought that was spine? I need to learn so explain slowly.

Comment

No, I was not calling you a girl. Heck, just about everybody on here knows I shoot a girly bow!

My last post was not directed at you at all. I was just pointing out the fact that Carbon Express is marketing those arrows for youth and light weight bow shooters! If there was a PredatorII in 50/70, then they would not market them that way.

The .491 is the spine, however, after spine testing many shafts with my own spine tester, I would bet not many are actually that exact number.

You are taking all this way to personal. If they tune correctly for your bow, who cares what they call them?

Bisch
                Last edited by Bisch; 04-30-2015, 07:19 PM.

Comment

I meant the girl part and rest as a joke. I'm happy with these arrows as stated in first post just wanting to learn. Should have added more than lol. Anything I can learn helps as a rank beginner this stuff can get confusing.

Comment

Working...
                  X