No announcement yet.

2015 Trad Harvest Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats SwampRabbit on your first deer with Trad equipment! Awesome achievement!

Comment

Congrats guys. Specially on the buck there SwampRabbit. Bisch, I think you may have missed a little shaving, :-) but where do you shoot a gobbler with a trad bow? Never been much Turkey hunter, but am curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
        Congrats guys. Specially on the buck there SwampRabbit. Bisch, I think you may have missed a little shaving, :-) but where do you shoot a gobbler with a trad bow? Never been much Turkey hunter, but am curious.
        That depends on how much they move between when you let go and when the arrow hits them!

This one was facing away with his head down pecking corn. Arrow entered in the right thigh, went all the way up thru him, and came out right where the neck joins the body.

Basically, shot placement is no different with a trad bow than it is with a wheel bow.

Bisch
        Last edited by Bisch; 11-08-2015, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Never tried with a wheel bow either. That's a lot of feathers for the meat underneath. Like ducks, just more mess then I want. LOL Congratulations none the less.

Comment

Congrats Swamp Rabbit!! I knew it was just a matter of time! Your first of many more to come, I'm sure. I haven't had a chance yet at the buck(s) I'm after, and for some reason or another the does ain't been cooperating...it's just now gettin consistent with the deer sightings where I'm at, so hopefully soon! I always enjoy the journey anyway, so it suits me just fine Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Sweet, Good shootin Ya'll!

LD

Comment

Thanks guys. I finally got around to posting up the story.

Comment

Managed to knock down this nice slick head over the weekend. My superstition is still doing the job launching some cedars tipped with ace 160 heads. A huge congrats to all especially those who got there first this season. Keep stacking them up.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Way to go, LM!

Congrats,

Bisch

Comment

Congrats LM.

Comment

Well after much trial and tribulations, Friday the 13th ended up being my lucky day. After 6 years of building bows and 3 seasons worth of hunting I got my frst deer with a recurve.
                        I made a good quartering away shot on a spike this morning.

50# self built recurve
                        150 grain 2 blade Magnus stinger
                        12 yard shot, 40 yard track.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Awesome, TP3!

Congrats,

Bisch

Comment

Congrats TP3

Comment

Very cool tp3!congrats

Comment

Thanks yall. Always wanted to post one up on this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X