Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats good luck.

Comment

Buff, I agree with your thinking on aiming low, my missing experience has taught me a doe is more likely to drop than a buck, with that said I had a spike drop on a 20 yard shot this week, arrow right over his back. Buff what do you use when shooting 8 to 10" low on whitetail as far as picking a spot? Do you pick a spot on the ground below the deer? Also do you adjust how low based on the shot distance, for example a 15 yard shot maybe not quite so low? Your experience can help us all. Gary

Comment

All kinds of luck this weekend

Since you released at half draw you still shot him with a 60 lb bow.
        Last edited by M.E.B.; 10-26-2014, 08:18 AM.

Comment

yeah would love to hear peoples idea on this as I am hoping to hunt with my longbow later this season. it is really quiet but nothing is quiet in the woods when deer are around lol. would love to hear more on this as well.
          ferg great questions
          MEB that is funny right there!

Comment

Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good! Glad it worked out, and good luck on the big 8!

Bisch

Comment

Nice buck congrats

Comment

Great story and really good buck.

Comment

A clean miss? yep we have all done it. A buck that wants to commit suicide? Not to many of them left. LOL Congrats

Comment

Glad it worked out for you. Good luck on the one that got away.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                      Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good! Glad it worked out, and good luck on the big 8!

Bisch
                      Its ever better to be good and lucky at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferg View Post
                        Buff, I agree with your thinking on aiming low, my missing experience has taught me a doe is more likely to drop than a buck, with that said I had a spike drop on a 20 yard shot this week, arrow right over his back. Buff what do you use when shooting 8 to 10" low on whitetail as far as picking a spot? Do you pick a spot on the ground below the deer? Also do you adjust how low based on the shot distance, for example a 15 yard shot maybe not quite so low? Your experience can help us all. Gary
                        It depends on where I'm hunting.
                        We had a lease in the hill country a few years back and the deer were really spooky.
                        I would pick out a Catus under and past the deer and shoot at it.
                        Most of the time I just aim right where the white strip meets the elbow.
                        It has worked out pretty good on the last train car load of deer I have shot.
                        I have been doing it so long that when I go to Africa and shoot some of the bigger critters that don't duck, I have a hard time aiming up on their side and not under them.
                        The closer they are the more they react to the sound. Or so it seems to me
                        Good luck which ever way you go

Comment

That is a story! Congrats! Hope you get the other buck after Thanksgiving!

Comment

Contrats and what a great lesson for us to hear.

Comment

Thanks for sharing Buff! Congrats!!!

Comment

Dang the luck

Comment

Working...
                                X