selfbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

selfbows

anyone else besides me hunting with one this year?? selfbow means ...no glass ...lol

Having one made by a guy in florida, bow is finished. Arrows with flint heads should be finished next week so should have it 10th or 11th. first self bow so probably wont hunt with it till late season, just have to see how it shoots.

Comment

Wish I was! One day I'd like to make one. What kind of set up are you using? Bow wood, shaft material, arrowhead material?

Comment

I am in the process of making a board bow from red oak. I am to the point I need to start tillering it and just need a tillering string. So we will see how this thing turns out.

Comment

I have one that is laminated ipe backed with bamboo (no glass), and a half dozen new bamboo arows with stone points ready to go. Don't think I am quite ready to take it to the woods yet, but I am going to hunt with it at some point.

Bisch

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	bow1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	24326053

Click image for larger version

Name:	bow2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	24326054Here's a couple of pics of the one my wife had made for our anniversary. Cant wait to string it up.

Comment

I didn't even know this existed. Talk about trad archery!

Comment

I am going to do a little hunting with my AW Selfbow this year. She's 67" and 51# and she is one sweet shooting rascal. Oh, and she's looks as good as she shoots.

Comment

I hunt with mine every year can't wait for the end of month to get here.

Comment

post em if ya got em!!! dont know if i posted this yet.
                    osage orange with copperhead backing.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I like that copperhead backing

Comment

im diggin the diamondback!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                          I have one that is laminated ipe backed with bamboo (no glass), and a half dozen new bamboo arows with stone points ready to go. Don't think I am quite ready to take it to the woods yet, but I am going to hunt with it at some point.

Bisch
                          cmon Bisch!!! that would just add to you mystique!!

Comment

Yes sir, I'll be out there chasing with my yellar stick. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Comment

Originally posted by 4dog View Post
                              cmon Bisch!!! that would just add to you mystique!!
                              I just got a brand new laminated bow that is probably the finest bow I have ever had, so the primitive thing is probably on hold a bit till I get my new longbow bloody!

It is a goal of mine to get it done with a stone point, and could not se doing it with anything other than an all wood bow.

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                              X