50's style, 1-piece recurve...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50's style, 1-piece recurve...

Well, since I'm shooting the 60#er with ease again, I've decided to give the 46# "rehab" bow to my brother-in-law for Christmas. It'll make a good starter bow for Trey and he's shown some serious interest in going to Fudd '07 with us. He never once asked about shooting my compounds but as soon as I started showing him the recurves and longbows, he wanted to shoot one. He has shot mine a few times and it's time to fuel the spark of interest there a little.

This leaves me with a problem though...an empty space on my bow rack.

I've decided that I really like the light-weight design of the "rehab" bow and want to get a 1-piece recurve in the 60# range to fill the empty spot on my bow rack...there are only two spots on the rack after all. I already have a bow (or two) in mind but figure I'd fish for opinions on here as I have some time to decide.
    Last edited by tinman; 12-24-2006, 12:13 AM.

Saxon, Mahaska, and Bob Sarrels come to mind, others will I'm sure

Comment

http://www.recurves.com/Atilla_One-Piece_Recurve.htm At 280$ this may be the best bang for the buck.

Comment

If a mans gona have a dream .....dream big....I want one of these badly
        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3742 (Medium).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	24718712

Comment

Dang,those widows are pretty

Comment

I love the way the one piece BWs look but I don't own one, They would be a pain to get on an airplane

Comment

Mahaska...

I'd forgotten about these beauties...very 1950s.

Name:	bpic8702.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	23818004
              Anyone got a pic(s) of a Sarrell's recurve? I've seen one of his longbows but don't recall ever seeing a recurve. Thanks.

Comment

I too love the look of the one pieces. However, i just bought a one piece colombian blacktail longbow 66"er and it is a pain to transport back in forth to the lease. I am going to have to buy one of those plastic fishing rod holders so it can ride safely in that in the back of the truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Restless View Post
                  http://www.recurves.com/Atilla_One-Piece_Recurve.htm At 280$ this may be the best bang for the buck.
                  I've read lots of comments about these Checkmate bows. Great price and the folks who own them are pretty much diehard fans. Don't think you could go wrong with one of them.

Comment

I plan to build a couple of cases out of PVC pipe for the youth bows I'm building for the LSBA to use at youth events...might be a little heavy in for a 6"er though. I've found that (given the room), I usually transport my takedowns in back seat of the truck assembled anyhow?

Here are the two on my initial list...

Great Northern's Super Ghost...

Name:	hot_beer_girls.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	23818009

Bob Lee's Bicenntenial Hunter Elite...

Name:	1369_501.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	23818010

Comment

Comment

$280...that's incredible.

The Mahaska's start at $490.

Restless, do you know who makes the Grayling Spirit(Ghost) recurve?

Thanks for the link...those are nice.
                        Last edited by tinman; 12-24-2006, 02:58 PM.

Comment

MMMMMM....Mahaska

Comment

Ron Laclair, but I no longer see them listed on his web page, Its my next custom. 650$, or if he no longer will build them I'll go with a Saxon Kadiak.

Comment

Yeah Joey, I drive a Ford superduty and my 66" recurve will lay across the back seat. The 66" longbow won't unless I want to drive with one door open. That truck needs to be 2" wider.

Comment

Working...
                              X