Traditional Robinhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional Robinhood

Season has not gone well so far. Seen a little and shot less. Going back out next week so I thought I would get a little practice in this afternoon.

Strung up the Sarrels Teton longbow and stepped back about 16 yards. First arrow was high as well as the second. Third arrow was about right and 4th arrow made a sound other than thunk. Looked closer and saw I had a long arrow now. Click image for larger version

Name:	holsterShirt_sized_black_dt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	23817999

Close up of how the 2016 penetrated the Goldtip. Click image for larger version

Name:	russ.jpg
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	24718707
    Had to charge the camera so no arrow in the target pic.

I had one previous RH with the compound. This is the first with the longbow. This is the common "Blind pig finds an acorn" shot. Couple of weeks ago I did shear an ear off a nock. Just wish I could stay consistent.

By the way, this is the pig I wish I could get close to. Click image for larger version

Name:	Cross Roads 10-16-07 Tall 8 point] (Medium).JPG
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	24718706
    But as you can tell by the pic, night time is when they are visiting. Maybe one day he will come in early.

Good shootin'!

Dead Pork Walking.

Comment

Good luck on that pig.
      Sorry about the arrow.

Comment

Nice shot. I would gladly give up one of my gold tips to make one of those.

Comment

Dang frontloader I have been shooting compound and then traditional for twenty + years and have yet to do a robinhood.
          Good luck on your quest for the grey spotted gost.

Comment

I would gladly give up one of my gold tips to make one of those.
            Just to let Ed break it?

Comment

Flintknapper had one of those last week while doing a little practice in my back yard. He doesn't know I am placing the pic here. The pic is not too good but you can tell what it is.

Comment

I got lucky here awhile back at "The Bowzone" with the Bob Lee.

Comment

Nice shooting Frontloader. Keep it up and that spotted nightstalker won't have a chance.

Comment

You guys are too good for me, I can't even hit the bull once.

Comment

Let me reemphasize "Lucky" in my case.

Comment

Stykbow

I am impressed with yours. The first arrow was in the right spot and the second one also.

When do the lessons start?

And you need to send that pic to Bob Lee.

Comment

Thanks for the flowers Frontloader.
                          Like I said it was luck. I was hoping that I could take a few lessons from you.
                          Thanks for the idea of sending pics to the Lee's. Since the chances of doing that again are pretty slim, I may need to go ahead and do that.
                          Last edited by Stykbow; 01-01-2007, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Full moon or a good LED light tapped to the bow or a hoglight if you happen to have a stabilizer hole will fix the night time visits.

Comment

Working...
                            X