Texas State Longbow Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas State Longbow Championship

Is there a web site for this shoot. Any way to get info. Thanks.

There is no website. I had the flyer up till last week. I threw it away because I am going to be on a bear hunt and can't make the shoot this year. Hopefully some one with a flyer will see this thread and post up a copy. It is a great shoot at a great range with a little bit different scoring format. You have to shoot wood arrows and your bow has to be a one piece and fit in a few other criteria.

Bisch

Comment

Here's the only thing I have. If you search on this forum you'll probably find quite a bit of information. As long as your bow fits the jig I don't think they enforce the pistol grip and cut past center rules anymore.

Comment

What qualifies as a pistol grip? Was looking for info last week and couldn't find much. Didn't know it was a wood arrow only type of shoot. Would like to make this one year.

If it has to fit in a jig, I wonder if a forward riser longbow like Bob's black hills qualifies...

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
          What qualifies as a pistol grip? Was looking for info last week and couldn't find much. Didn't know it was a wood arrow only type of shoot. Would like to make this one year.

If it has to fit in a jig, I wonder if a forward riser longbow like Bob's black hills qualifies...
          The jig basically just checks the riser thickness/depth. I'm pretty sure the Blackhills will fit but you may double check with Bob. This will only be my 3rd one to go to but the pistol grip discussions have been going on the last couple years and from what I gather the pistol grip is just a really high grip. My longbow has a relatively high grip and it qualifies. I have not talked to anyone who's bow did not qualify for the grip or shelf.

Comment

I emailed tsla@paceco.net and they sent me this year's flyer and registration form. Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluegoose View Post
              I emailed tsla@paceco.net and they sent me this year's flyer and registration form. Thanks guys!
              I might be interested in going

Comment

Bob makes 4 bows that qualify for this, Sierra, Superstition, Black Hills, and Yukon

Comment

can someonepost directions or a date

Comment

Originally posted by Oneway View Post
                    Bob makes 4 bows that qualify for this, Sierra, Superstition, Black Hills, and Yukon
                    Guess I'll have to hit up jeffro and start practicing for next year. Thanks

Comment

May 24 & 25, Memorial day weekend. The range is located just off of the 820 loop outside of Fort Worth. I'm pretty sure the road is Camp Bowie Drive?, but someone might need to correct me on that. Its just a couple miles though once you turn off of 820, not hard to find.

Comment

Yes, I have shot my Blackhills II at this shoot.

Comment

Thanks for posting up Patty's email. My daughter and I are in.

Comment

Is camping allowed on site?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluegoose View Post
                              Is camping allowed on site?
                              YES!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                              X