Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

acadian woods

are they good bows they sure are pretty but 1200 pretty

My son has one don't remember the specs on it other than it's a high poundage bow, you can pick it up for a lot less than 1200, if your interested.

Comment

Really nice shooting bows,met Tim at a shoot in LA. once and shot a bunch of them. The only compliant I have is the grips were all a little small for me. I have that problem with a lot of bows though. He had some real beauties,pics don't do them justice. Really liked the TreeStick.

Comment

They are a work of art...
        I've shot a couple but don't own one

Comment

You got a widow and they are $1000 - $1200 new!

A "good" bow is very subjective. What one guy loves, the next guy hates.

Bisch

Comment

I have a beautiful one that I got many years ago. The down side is that it stacks terribly.

Comment

I had a three piece tree stick years ago never got it set up all the way. I was robbed when I lived in Houston an never got to really see how it would perform. It was a looker for sure! I hope they hard time pawn it along with the other sticks that had my name on them! I hate a thief!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                You got a widow and they are $1000 - $1200 new!

A "good" bow is very subjective. What one guy loves, the next guy hates.

Bisch
                bisch I noticed alot of bowyers are hitting the 1200 mark

Comment

Originally posted by BowBuddy View Post
                  bisch I noticed alot of bowyers are hitting the 1200 mark
                  Indeed they are... I doubt you will find a bow that is more artfully done than Acadian Woods Bows are. As said before there are bows that most likely shoot just as well. There are a good number of bowyers that have copied or tried to copy some of the art work that Tim Mullins has done. None have yet to reach that pinnacle yet.

Just as Bob and Zack Sarrells, Ron Foley, DmaxShawn,Roy Hall, Dan Toelke, South Cox and many other fine bowyers are friends and clients of mine and each and everyone fine people and great bowyers. I just wish I could shoot bows made from them all.

I always looked at several bows out there and scratched my head over pricing. I can tell you that Tim Mullins toils over his craft and is always looking to jazz up a bow.

Beauty is in the eyes of the bow holder.....

Comment

I had one and liked it. He makes a good bow.

Comment

Originally posted by rubydog View Post
                      Indeed they are... I doubt you will find a bow that is more artfully done than Acadian Woods Bows are. As said before there are bows that most likely shoot just as well. There are a good number of bowyers that have copied or tried to copy some of the art work that Tim Mullins has done. None have yet to reach that pinnacle yet.

Just as Bob and Zack Sarrells, Ron Foley, DmaxShawn,Roy Hall, Dan Toelke, South Cox and many other fine bowyers are friends and clients of mine and each and everyone fine people and great bowyers. I just wish I could shoot bows made from them all.

I always looked at several bows out there and scratched my head over pricing. I can tell you that Tim Mullins toils over his craft and is always looking to jazz up a bow.

Beauty is in the eyes of the bow holder.....
                      I was looking at south Cox s bows too nice ones. so what do u sell?

Comment

Originally posted by BowBuddy View Post
                        I was looking at south Cox s bows too nice ones. so what do u sell?
                        All the cool woods that you see in these bows.

Comment

I had one of his take down recurves built several years back. It was an ok shooter but nothing exceptional. It seemed to me to have an excessive amount of hand shock. I sent it back to him for him to check it out. He was of a different opinion than me but offered to take it back and refunded most of my money. He is a craftsman and his bows are sure enough lookers but I would rate performance over looks. If they perform as well as they look then I would be willing to pay as I have in the past for bows that I believe not only look good but perform well also.

Comment

about 15 years ago neetz and i were out to a shoot in the center of the louisiana and tim was set up, neetz tryed a bow and it shot just were she looked,,,,, but she couldn't get over the price tag. it was a fine bow, good look'n, and shot like a dream for her, \

when it comes down to brass tacks, if it fits ya and shoots for ya BUY IT..
                            IT'S ONLY MONEY...and considering the doller ain't worth much your getting a deal...

Comment

I have a 3 piece tree stick that my fiancé purchased for me. I absolutely love it. I get lots of compliments and it shoots fantastically. Mr. Tim i snot currently taking any orders right now because he is backed up with orders. People form all over the world buy his bows. But, different people have different tastes. I am also looking to purchase one of South's bows if I can find one used.

Comment

Working...
                              X