Amie's Robinhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amie's Robinhood

So last year my 20 year old daughter, one day out of the blue, announces she wants to take up archery. Well it does my old heart good to hear she wants to take up the sport. As luck would have it, i found an auction here on TBH, I don't exactly remember the cause. At any rate i wind up buying her a little 28# recurve bow made by Mr. Charlie Beaman. This is a really pretty, really sweet shooting little bow. I give it to Amie and she just loves it! So for Christmas we complete the accessories. Nice leather arm guard, nice little shooting glove, and some nice arrows from the good folks at Smithfield Archery. Bought her a little target from Academy. We set up a little range in the back yard. Make sure she is shooting down so that we don't have any fliers going into the neighbors shed. So, she begins to shoot. She's pretty good, but learning. Moving up the learning curve at a nice rate though.

So this afternoon she texts me two pictures with the caption of "oops". The pictures looked like she had a nice little group, with on in the dirt in front of the target. I thought she missed the whole target. "Oh well" i thought. Then it hit me, she made a robinhood!! So i call her. Is that one arrow in the ground? Or, is it in another arrow? Daddy, it's in another arrow! I'm so mad i messed up the nice arrows you bought me! I chuckle and tell to mess 'em all up like that and i'll keep buying them.

Now in full disclosure, she's not in the center of the bullseye. But she's very consistent, and just needs practice to get dialed in. All her arrows go to the same place. Anyway, i'm a proud papa. Thanks to Mr. Beaman, and the folks at Smithfield Archery for the great equipment.
    Attached Files

Cool! Tell her congrats!

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Congrats! It's the best way to break an arrow! I usually break mine on rocks

Comment

Congrats, not a bad looking bass either

Comment

Awesome, congrats!!!

Comment

Nice congrats to young lady

Comment

Originally posted by TallTexan View Post
                Congrats, not a bad looking bass either
                Thanks everyone. It's a native Texas bass. Weighed about 8 lbs. Caught out of a stock tank in Palmer. I was told that's about as big as a native Texas bass gets. That's why i had it mounted. It was an epic battle with a borrowed rod with no reel brake. Basically had to beach the thing to get it. Funny stuff.

Comment

That's great! Congrats to her!

Comment

Thats Awesome Congrats! Im also a fan of your taxidermy in the background.

Comment

That's great that she's into archery and shooting so well!

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

That is freaky. Your daughter's look alike is on The Price is Right tonight. {Friday}
                            She wears glasses but it is super close match... Wierd............

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                              That is freaky. Your daughter's look alike is on The Price is Right tonight. {Friday}
                              She wears glasses but it is super close match... Wierd............
                              I guess we'll have to watch The Price is Right. Here's one with her glasses from a couple of years ago.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X