New to the area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the area

I recently moved to wylie and am attending Texas A&M School of Law. I was wondering if there were any traditional archery shops in the are or maybe an archery shop that carries traditional gear? I also plan on owning a bow made in each state that I live in, so my next question is who are the local bow makers? Thanks in advance.
    P.s. I am starting to hunt at lake lavon if anyone has any advice on how to hunt hogs. And let me know if anyone would like to meet up to make a hunt

Here's a great local bowyer http://www.sarrelsarchery.com/ I suppose you live in the College station/Bryan area. There are lots of traditional archers and events in this area & in Austin. Check out the Austin Archery Club on line. Welcome to the area!!

Comment

Actually, the law school is in Fort Worth and I live in Collin County. I will check out those bows. Thanks

Comment

Welcome from one fellow barrister to a future one!

Like was mentioned above, Sarrels Archery makes good bows. Other Texan-made bows are Bob Lee bows. I think they're in northeast Texas. Savage Bows in Red Oak about an hour south of you, but he was deployed to Afghanistan last year. Hopefully, he'll be back soon. I've also heard of Dryad Bows. I think they're in Weatherford. I'm sure there are a lot of others in Texas, but those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Foley bows are Texas made as well

Comment

welcome to wylie

Comment

Welcome, I live in Lavon which is about 6 miles NE of Wylie. Other bowyers in North Texas are Renegade Archery in Athens, Mark Horne Archery in Boyd. I currently shoot a Sarrels Blue Ridge Long Riser and love it. I have had three different Horne bows and they all shoot very well. You just needs to find one that fits your style.

I am a member of Collin County Bowhunters. We would love to have you come out and shoot with us this year. We are located just North of Farmersville and we are probably the closest club to where you live. We have a lot of Traditional shooters, including myself. All of us would be glad to let you shoot our bows so you can sorta find out what you like. Our first tournament this year is in February. Annual dues is only $50 and it gives you access to the range 24/7. We keep about 20 or so 3D targets as well as practice Blob targets on the range year round.

You can find out more about our schedule and about the club at:
                collincountybowhunters.org

Come on out, we would love to meet you.

Wayne

Comment

Thanks for all the help. I will check into all those bowyers. I will also check out Collin County Bowhunters as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X