Hill Country Shoot Dinner Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hill Country Shoot Dinner Plans

I try to cook a little at the Hill Country Shoot. You never can count on being able to make a fire. I tried cooking on a gas grill but it is hard to cook enough food and you have to keep an eye on it.

I think I am going to bring my electric smoker. I have a very quiet Honda generator. I can cook about 6 chickens in two hrs. I figure I will split them in half and people can cut off what they want.

There are always a few regulars that camp close by and come sit visit and eat. We normally have food left over. I don't like playing favorites so I am issuing an open invitation to all of you guys. First come first served. I figure Friday night I'll do the chicken.

Sat night I'm open to suggestions. It might be chicken again.

Also what time would you think it be best to start serving the food? To early and no one shows up. To late and everyone has already eaten.

If you feel like bringing a side feel free to do so just show up early so you get to eat.

I'll go over your suggestions and will repost the closer we get to the shoot date.

Well hopefully I will be there this year, health allowing. I "think" you set up just around the bend in the road about 50 yds. past where I normally set up. So if the wind is right, I'll smell it when you start cooking and mosey up that way.

Comment

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post
      Well hopefully I will be there this year, health allowing. I "think" you set up just around the bend in the road about 50 yds. past where I normally set up. So if the wind is right, I'll smell it when you start cooking and mosey up that way.
      You better show up. I offered you a personal invitation back in Nov. Be nice meeting you.

Comment

If I make it you can count on it and I may have Deb(the camp crasher) and Arvin in tow if they make it.

Comment

If I make it you can count on it and I may have Deb(the camp crasher) and Arvin in tow if they make it.
          The more the merrier.

Comment

Hopefully you have some green's hangin around you this year to!

Comment

I'll be first in line,......like every year!

Comment

maybe we can do a potluck

Comment

Originally posted by bubba1986 View Post
                  Hopefully you have some green's hangin around you this year to!
                  WooHoo!!! I hope so!

Comment

Originally posted by McK View Post
                    I'll be first in line,......like every year!

Hi Guy,

I missed seeing you last year. I think it is the only Hill Country Shoot I I ever missed. However long that had been. I even went when they were held at Brushy Hills. We need to work on Van but I know it's a lost cause.

I'm at the lease in the blind right now. Hunting till Monday. I have that Massie in camp. Hope to shoot a hog or javalina with it this trip.

Comment

Originally posted by BowBuddy View Post
                      maybe we can do a potluck

Sounds good. I like a good group of guys to swap stories with.

Comment

Working...
                      X