No announcement yet.

2014 Trad Harvest Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to everyone on their 2014 animals. Like Buff, I had shoulder surgery on Dec 11. Not a total rebuild so I can pull my bow, just can't hold it very long yet. Shot a few arrows and convinced myself that I was good to go. I went hunting this afternoon but nothing showed up worth shooting. I plan on getting on the board sooner this year than last year.

Comment

Great work fellas. Headed to the TX SHOOTOUT in February. Hope I have my first trad pics with a Javi posted then.

Comment

good ones guys. Congrats

Comment

Bisch
          . I hate to ask stupid questions....but what is that black thing on your bow? On lower limb bolt, looks similar to a bow fishing reel.

Comment

Originally posted by John316 View Post
            Bisch
            . I hate to ask stupid questions....but what is that black thing on your bow? On lower limb bolt, looks similar to a bow fishing reel.
            It's a game tracker. String connects to his arrow to make finding the animal much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampGhost View Post
              It's a game tracker. String connects to his arrow to make finding the animal much easier.
              Gotcha. I saw another thread where it was mentioned.

Comment

congrats all

Comment

Since this is the Traditional page I haven't been able to post anything on here in a while since I've been hunting with wheels. However, I think my kill this morning will qualify as Traditional. While Daniel (Yononindo) and "Happy" Fred were here, Fred presented Bisch and I each with sling shots he had made for us. I told him when he left that I would try to kill something with it. Well, this morning I killed a cottontail rabbit with it. I took a couple pictures but don't know how to post them from my cell phone. I may have to wait until I get home in a few days and transfer them to the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas5o View Post
                    Since this is the Traditional page I haven't been able to post anything on here in a while since I've been hunting with wheels. However, I think my kill this morning will qualify as Traditional. While Daniel (Yononindo) and "Happy" Fred were here, Fred presented Bisch and I each with sling shots he had made for us. I told him when he left that I would try to kill something with it. Well, this morning I killed a cottontail rabbit with it. I took a couple pictures but don't know how to post them from my cell phone. I may have to wait until I get home in a few days and transfer them to the computer.
                    Get the photobucket app uploaded to your phone and once you put the picture in your photobucket copy the IMG code and past it.

Comment

Here is Texas 5o's sling shot rabbit!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389488188.566318.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	24277956

Congrats again, bud!

Bisch

Comment

Sweet! That is one heck of a harvest! Congrats

Comment

I need to look for my sling shot! Congrats

Comment

Looks like Steve pierced his ear...

Comment

I hit him just below the ear......killed him quick. I shot another one with the sling shot yesterday. I took a picture of it too, but my phone has since fried so I don't know if I'll be able to retrieve it or not. I'm going to try to get a new phone tomorrow, but we'll see if I can save my pictures.
                              I started out shooting steel ball bearings out of the sling shot, but I couldn't hit anything with them (I think they are too small), so I switched to marbles. I bought white marbles so I can see them better and I am shooting them much more accurately than the steel ball bearings........and they are deadly on the bunnies.
                              I just got home today. Told my wife that I'm cooking dinner tomorrow. It's going to be rabbit stew on the menu. She don't think she'll like it but she's willing to give it a taste

Comment

Congratulations to all posters above on some successful hunts

Texas50

Steve

I could see it coming

"Happy Fred" will be proud .... and so am I.

Bisch, the CHALLENGE is on

Congratulations again from across the pond.

happy trails
                                Daniel

Comment

Working...
                                X