No announcement yet.

Advice on arrows-what would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will do! The more I look at it though, the more I think I will need to step up to the 5575 to get the overall weight I want. Might as well start fresh and keep all these 3555's set up for my other bow in case I need to use it.

Comment

I ran home during lunch and set up the 5575 with a nock on one end and 225 grains on the other end (no fletch). It is still 32" and was shooting GREAT at about 15 yards...hitting the same spot but right of center. I am thinking these will work out great once I trim em back a bit to get em hitting center. I plan to order half a dozen from 3R since they have free shipping right now and set up three bare and three fletched. I think I found my arrow...bow is QUIET now too. It really seems to like the extra weight!

Comment

Yeah, I've got to try me some of those 5575, as well. I think that will be the perfect setup.

Glad you were able to sort it out. Just for the sake of more activity in the Trad forum, how about some pictures of your groupings at 15 yards next time you get to shoot?

I'll post some of mine tonight after I get home from work.

Comment

I wouldn't cut to much off those new arrows at a time if they are hitting just right of center.

Good Luck shooting.

Comment

man you are so close to going total primitive..couple steps closer is all ya need...get ya some bamboo and make your own arrows they would look good and shoot great of that selfbow....pics of that texas ebony bow.

Comment

I need to order those arrows...my group right now is one arrow lol! I will post some pics when I get my tuning setup ready to go. I won't cut on th until I have a chance to bare shaft...made that mistake before!

As for primitive...my Texas ebony bow is a 3 PC recurve so I am out for now. Actually it is only the riser and limb tips that are ebony but I will post some pics next time the weather is nice and I can get some good shots.

Comment

Working...
              X