Can I leave my recurve strung?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I leave my recurve strung?

I've got a Samick Sage takedown. I expect I will shoot it pretty much daily. Should I be takiing it down with any regularity?

Leaving it strung won't hurt it

Comment

Only ones you're supposed to unstring is all wood limbs

Comment

It is fine to leave it strung! Just make sure you don't leave it strung in a hot place, car, hot garage, etc.. Also, make sure you store it laying flat or hanging horizontal. Don't store it standing in the corner!

Bisch

Comment

What Bisch said X2

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            It is fine to leave it strung! Just make sure you don't leave it strung in a hot place, car, hot garage, etc.. Also, make sure you store it laying flat or hanging horizontal. Don't store it standing in the corner!

Bisch
            Amen...agree 100%.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm glad I posted, it's standing in the corner right now. I'll remedy that when I get home.

Comment

Good information My son is wanting one of those for Christmas. He is a college student and he wants to go traditional.

Comment

I leave mine strung all the time. I think you can damage limbs more by stringing and unstringing than any other cause.

Comment

My longbow has been strung for over 15 yrs straight it was #56 when I built it. It's #55 now.
                    It hangs in the cave, nice even temperature all the time.

Comment

Keeping them away from heat is the big Key.

Comment

Working...
                      X