X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What bow to get ?

I currently shoot a Hoyt maxis 31 . I want to try trad out
    i want a takedown recurve
    I don't know if i want or if it would be better to get something that i can put a rest on and sights or just shoot off the shelf any thought or opinions would be helpful thanks

There are a lot of good recurves out there. Depends on how much money you want to spend.

Drop about 10 lbs on your weight. Maybe go to a trad shoot and try several out before you buy.

Learn without the rest and sights. Keep it simple, that's what trad is about.

Comment

Thanks i have herd that few times . Since i don't know much about it i was thinking that with sights and a rest would be a smooth transition but i don't want to screw up any chance i have at having good form

Comment

Lots of good bows out there.

Despite what most will tell you shooting with sights is not a sin and you will not burn in Hell. If going from a compound to a recurve with sights and then maybe without latter works for you do it.

Limbwalker on here should be able to help you out with the sight thing.

Comment

Although you won't go to hell for using sights, I wouldn't do it because I think it partly defeats the purpose of going traditional. Shooting with sights and without sights are two completely different ways of aiming and shooting, so if you want to transition, I'd just go without sites from the beginning.

A take-down is a good idea because it'll allow you to increase your draw weight later on without having a buy a whole new bow. You can just buy new limbs.

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
            Although you won't go to hell for using sights, I wouldn't do it because I think it partly defeats the purpose of going traditional. Shooting with sights and without sights are two completely different ways of aiming and shooting, so if you want to transition, I'd just go without sites from the beginning.

A take-down is a good idea because it'll allow you to increase your draw weight later on without having a buy a whole new bow. You can just buy new limbs.
            This

Comment

Yea shoot off shelf down the arrow. The most I've heard it compared to is throwing a baseball u learn ur range. I shoot 63# on my compound and had 55# and it was ruff. I got a buddy that has a really nice take down he's been trying to sell. Pm me with what ur looking for and I'll get with him on price specs and what not if your'd like I know he has a couple set of limbs for it and some fitted out cedar arrows.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice! I guess i should put on my big boy pants and shoot from the shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by texas1 View Post
                  Thanks for all the advice! I guess i should put on my big boy pants and shoot from the shelf.
                  You won't regret it. Have fun.

Comment

We have a great sale going on right now. Good time to get a quality bow at a good discount. Check out our site. Someone on here might be able to vouch for me. Bob

Comment

The best you could possibly do is go to Bob's and try as many bows as you can. I would just bet you find one that is "THE" bow for you. I have taken or talked into, several friends to go to Bob's, that have found "THE" bow right from the start. Money well spent.

Comment

You should definitely go see Bob if you live in north Austin. He lives in south Austin/Manchaca. He's got a lot of bows in stock, and I've shot a bunch of them. He's also fun to visit and generous with his time, and I frequently conjure up excuses to go over there all the while trying not to be a pest. I had him make a take down recurve for me, and it is my absolute favourite bow.

Comment

Bob i defiantly plan on stopping by at some point soon i have herd really good things about your bows and they look great too!!!!

Comment

With that sell going you can't go wrong .

Comment

Go see Bob Sarrels. Nuff said...

Sam:

Is that a Puma? Beautiful bow for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X