Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Razor tricks

Does anyone use them

I picked up a compound this year for the first time in about 32 yrs to get ready for an African trip. I am using Slick Tricks. I was gonna get the Razor Tricks but I bought what my son uses.

The Razor Tricks look great. I almost bought some to use with my trad bows. What kept me from it is how short and wide they are. I have been using 4 bladed 220 grain Muzzy Phahtoms for the last several years. I picked them because even though they are a four blade they enter as a two blade and the bleeder does not come into play until the main blades are about halfway in.

I had a bad experience with them last year where I hit bone and the broadhead stopped at the bleeders so I took them out.

I am afraid that since the Razor Tricks blades all impact at the same time they would be even worse on a bone hit. I would feel alot better having the power of a compound behind one of those heads.

Comment

Shot with a compound.

Comment

So far I have killed 2 bucks, 2boar hogs and my buddies dad shot a black bear right thru the shoulders with his crossbow with the Razor Tricks.
        Outfitter on the bear hunt asked what kinda head that was!!
        First thing that he told is to make sure and stay away from the bears shoulder. 90% of the time if the bear is shot in the shoulder they will never find the bear.
        Well crossbow plus Razor Trick blew right thru both shoulder and stuck in the tree.
        Here is a pic of one of the boar hogs that wife shot with here 55# compound bow.
        I like them!

Comment

Why are you talking about crossbows and compunds in the trad forum? Is he asking about use with a trad bow?

Comment

"I had a bad experience with them last year where I hit bone and the broadhead stopped at the bleeders so I took them out."

"I am afraid that since the Razor Tricks blades all impact at the same time they would be even worse on a bone hit. I would feel alot better having the power of a compound behind one of those heads."

Yes don't risk it. Why? Shoot a broadhead. Shoot with an advantage. You can never have too much penetration on board and a 3 to 1 gives you the advantage. You have a 50% chance of hitting bone. Short, fat, broadheads will let you down. Shoot thru.

You can hunt with confidence, knowing that the TUFFHEAD™ single bevel and three blade broadheads. TuffHead has unsurpassed penetration.

Comment

Working...
            X