Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lighter weight trad bows and BIG hogs - your experiences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jreyna920 View Post
    In 08 I killed a 450+ with a 43# recurve and sniffer, I shot him in the middle of the night, if I'd had known how big he was I would had been pretty worried, but I didn't and I stuck it through a 2" shield and into his heart he went 30 yards
    So you've killed a buck with a rock and a dinosaur with a Sniffer?

Comment

Lol darn autocorrect

Comment

jerp, I have killed somewhere 80-100 hogs I figure and around that many deer. About half with 60 lbs and the rest with 50 lbs. Actually I have had more penetration problems with deer. I think that is more from the deer moving and the hogs staying put.

I think that a lot of times that when people think they hit the shield and loose the hog they actually hit a little high. The kill area on a hog is lower than you would think. There is a lot of space above the lungs and top of the back that will not kill a pig. I have had no problems going through the "shield". Now a shoulder blade or a leg bone is a whole nother thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Trick View Post
          For reference this boar was 226lb, so John's hog was twice that size. So if he can get it done on a hog that size with 43#, 50 should be no problem.
          [ATTACH]565644[/ATTACH]
          That pig looks like a warthog! He's huge!

Comment

Hands down with a good shot placement he'd be on your dinner table.

Comment

Originally posted by Featherflinger View Post
              So you've killed a buck with a rock and a dinosaur with a Sniffer?
              Nice^^^^^!!! For once, I just couldn't come up with anything!

Comment

Wow shoot placement

Comment

Killed plenty with a a&h 45 pound longbow and a vpa 175 broadhead.

Comment

Working...
                  X