Going to try a live hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to try a live hunt

Got in the stand about 4, little hot. Moved my project down here to the lease and got done earlier than I thought so the hunt is on

My project

Comment

Acorns are sure fallin, probably not as many as least year but enough

Comment

Sticker sighting! Good luck!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Well, how did it go, Kirby?

Bisch

Comment

Well Bisch. I had a 7 point under my feet this morning. I watched him come from 150 yds away straight to my hand corn. When he got right below me a deer started snorting up a storm up wind of me. Anyway he need 2 more steps for a shot and he never gave it to me . Also had 4 small bucks come in right after the 7 left two were cull spikes but just could not get a clean shot. Back at it just now so hoping for the same type action this afternoon

Wish me luck

Comment

Also, I have decided that the first few weekends I am going to experiment with a few things. Vanilla works good but I've been wondering what else might work as good or better.
                Tonight the area and myself are covered with banana extract lol, sometimes I wonder if I might be a little off..... Hmmmm

Comment

Keep us posted

Comment

Nothin happening yet. Just a couple squirrels

Comment

Real nice 8 made a scrape about 60 yds away. Now have 4 deer at 6 yards

Comment

Pics

Comment

No pic of the 8 he didn't come close enough. When I finally decided to take a shot at the bigest doe I , well , missed ;-) but like I have always told people. Even the misses with a trad bow are exciting and fun as heck.
                          Maybe tomorrow I'll get another shot

Comment

Sorry about the miss.

Comment

And by the way. My experiment with the banana extract must have worked. Every deer I saw this afternoon came from straight down wind. Heck after I shot and missed I was letting my bow down on the rope and 3 more does came in.

Comment

Working...
                              X