No announcement yet.

bow builders???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like naked osage..but man it is a beacon while hunting..takes a good while before they brown up and hide for ya.

Comment

Mr Sarrels was telling me if you do a light coat of bleach on the raw Osage it will instantly give it a year of color

Comment

Originally posted by jreyna920 View Post
        Mr Sarrels was telling me if you do a light coat of bleach on the raw Osage it will instantly give it a year of color
        So will lye drain cleaner...

Comment

Originally posted by 4dog View Post
          i like naked osage..but man it is a beacon while hunting..takes a good while before they brown up and hide for ya.
          They like to sun bathe. It quickens the process.

Comment

thanks for the tip..heard it before and forgot all about that.. lol

Comment

Only osage self bows. Have a 1/2 doz. staves to work this winter.

Comment

Since the Weaver Shoot I need to get busy myself I sold three. Sam Deb is right I don't like to back my bows with any thing unless it is bamboo and I make Bob do that cause I dislike laying up bows.

Comment

Hey John you should have shot one of those BBO bows while you was at the house. IBO has a backed bow class at world now. They could not beat the self bows for the last three years I think though.

Comment

I got a bb ipe, laid up sitting in the corner it's the next project before the character bow. I can't wait for the bio worlds. I'm not missing it this year

Comment

Working...
                    X