Java Man Elkheart made for Me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Java Man Elkheart made for Me!

This is my first custom bow I have ever had made for me. (sold 4 bows to get it) My wife and I had it made with the hopes of passing it down the family line through generations. This idea came to me (while shooting of course) a 1967 Bear recurve. If that one lasted 46 years and still looked great, why not get one with our names and pass it down the line. Gregg Coffey is a great guy and used to make the Shrew. Its an Elkheart AMO 54" 45#@28" Riser is Cocobolo and phenolic riser(I picked). Limbs are Creama Etimoe(wife picked out). There are Kudu Horn overlays on the riser and limb tips. Plus it takes down with a bow bolt. Enjoy and thanks for celebrating a (4 days) early birthday gift/family heirloom with me. PS it shoots great too
    Attached Files

Congrats of the new bow....it's a beauty.

Gregg builds a fine bow. I have one of his Wilcox Duo Flex recurves that shoots as good as any bow I've picked up.

Billy

Comment

Very nice bow!

Comment

That's beautiful. Gregg is a great guy to have a bow made to personal spec.
        I have a couple of his bows.

Comment

very nice and a great idea

Comment

Nice

Comment

Happy B-Day... Sweet bow Brother

Comment

Thanks guys. This thing shoots great. I have been stacking arrows like never before with this bow. It might also be because I dropped down to 45# from a little over 50#. I am really glad it came in time for the archery season opener. I hope to post some deer pics after the weekend.

Comment

Great looking bow.

Comment

Sweet lookin bow!

Comment

The bow is unique in that Gregg normally puts lambs skin grips on his bows but we asked him not to so that we could show off the cocobolo riser. I will try and post some more pics of the limbs. They are cool and I hae never seen anything like them. Thanks again.

Comment

Beautiful bow! Congrats!

Comment

Very nice. Congratulations and happy birthday!

Comment

congrats to you Gregg builds some very fine bows. Thats a beauty.

Comment

Was shooting yesterday and it was really sunny. Looked at the riser and the cocobolo just glows a light orange when the light hits it just right. The grip is a little different on it than on my recurves so I'm hitting my arm a bit. I'm trying to work the kinks out on that one. It has never been a problem with my other bows.

Comment

Working...
                              X