Releases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
    Years ago the Chaplin for the Professional Bowhunters Society made and sold wooden releases.

I thought about using a release to work on my target panic issues a few years back. I have a tendency to release too soon at times. I figure you can pull back and keep your finger way off of the trigger until you are anchored up really good.

I have some really old archery magazines from the 50-60s. Precompound. They are full of sight, buttons and rest ads............

There are articles complaining about the use of motorcyles to hunt off of too.
    ======

Hello All
    Quote = There are articles complaining about the use of motorcycles to hunt off of too.

And today its ATV 4 wheelers.. Its just human nature " To Complain." I tell's U .

Well like us old coon hunters youst to say. I feed my dog.

================

" target panic"
    This word isn't in my vocabulary, of though or speech. Tab or release, as my old time friend Don K would say. The release is between your ears.

Like my school teacher taught me well. With me saying Ain't in about every sentence.
    She would first have me draw a picture, and label it Ain't. And wad it up.. Then she would send me to the school yard to dig a hole and buried it. Boy after all the holes I dug . And as I think back. I should have drop a grain or two of corn in those holes.
    ===

This phrase you have posted " target panic"

Try coming down on your target, at 12 . And stopping just before interning the center circle of your target.

Now relax clear all the thoughts in your nog-un. Start relaxing and slowly breathing easy. Now inhale a small breath.Hold and start down to the center of the target, pause. Now burn the center with your aiming eye. Let you subconscious make the shot. [ Later

Comment

Hello All
      Long nose ,on a Carter X release body. [ Later
      Attached Files

Comment

I have a couple of Carter releases from my wheel bow days. I've often wondered if they would work on a recurve or long bow with a loop?

Howdy and welcome Unk

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
          I have a couple of Carter releases from my wheel bow days. I've often wondered if they would work on a recurve or long bow with a loop?

Howdy and welcome Unk
          =======================
          Hello All

And thanks.
          I wanted to see just what a recurve just might do. All dressed up in modern equipment.
          So I took a Hoyt Pro-medalist I have. And added all modern equipment.
          Tied a D loop on. And grab a few releases. And began shooting.

Oh boy did I find out in a short order. That -that recurve didn't fancy to many type releases. Got by with a Carter Magnet release. But the bow seemed to be parcel to hunting open jaw releases.

Other words a release that when shot. Would let the bow string go straight forward. [ Later

And a howdy back to you and yours. [ G D Bond -Unk

Comment

Originally posted by Unk Bond View Post
            =======================
            Hello All

And thanks.
            I wanted to see just what a recurve just might do. All dressed up in modern equipment.
            So I took a Hoyt Pro-medalist I have. And added all modern equipment.
            Tied a D loop on. And grab a few releases. And began shooting.

Oh boy did I find out in a short order. That -that recurve didn't fancy to many type releases. Got by with a Carter Magnet release. But the bow seemed to be parcel to hunting open jaw releases.

Other words a release that when shot. Would let the bow string go straight forward. [ Later

And a howdy back to you and yours. [ G D Bond -Unk

Good to know!

Comment

Working...
            X