Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deer Feeder! Not for coons,hogs or possums...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carpet tack strip on that 4x4 or 4 prong barb wire and coons wont be getting up there unless they make the jump from the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampGhost View Post
      Keep laughing guy's, it won't be the first time I have failed at trying and it dang sure won't be the last
      Just joking w/ you man...and as noted it hasn't cost u much.

A+ for effort! Heck, you will probably have the last laugh when it ends up making fools of us.

Comment

Dang! Rough crowd around on this one. Reminds of a bunch of women sitting around bashing their exs for trying to better their lives! Good luck with the project, anxious to see some pics.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
          Add a couple eye bolts at the top and tie electric fence wire to bolts, hang from a tree!
          Was trying to be helpful, not a smart ars!!

Comment

I seriously thought you were joking... Magfawned it.

Comment

I'll stay tuned it to see how it works

Comment

some people are a little harsh. Good luck! I hope it works great for you. I hate a squirrel!

Comment

Originally posted by dataxman View Post
                  some people are a little harsh. Good luck! I hope it works great for you. I hate a squirrel!
                  I know I will never keep the squirrels out but I intend to keep them coons and hogs out. Might have to make my bottom bigger and I will use a steel pipe. I just put the 4x4 post to show how it will be setup. Stay tuned

Comment

Build it and they will come.....

Be patient because it will take them up to as long as 6 months or longer to get used to it but once they do watch out. Hogs only pass by and pick up the little bit of rice bran that falls to the ground and the coons can't get up on it either! Drive the timbers into the ground and it's very stable. Haven't had one hog try to rub on one yet. This one has been up going on 2 seasons and I just put up another one. (Date is wrong on the camera...) Did use a whole sheet of plywood though. 4x4 top cover and bottom.

Last edited by buddy.ortego; 08-13-2013, 06:09 AM.

Comment

I would think the coons would make a litter box of the rice brand and that it would get wet when it rains. I'm all for cheap though. I've done the 5 gal bucket with the knock stick for feed at will. Just put a game came up and see what happens and improve from there.
                      Last edited by Stevotary; 08-13-2013, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevotary View Post
                        I would think the coons would make a litter box of the rice brand and that it would get wet when it rains. I'm all for cheap though. I've done the 5 gal bucket with the knock stick for feed at will. Just put a game came up and see what happens and improve from there.
                        I guess I should change it to coons don't instead of can't. I've seen one or 2 on it at different times but never a squirrel. Never tried anything but rice bran in it and yes it will get wet with a storm but it's not as bad as you'd think. Mine hold 150 lbs of bran and it will flow out until they have emptied it.

Comment

i would have to use dynamite to sink a post that deep at many of my sites, which come to think of it, might make it worth doing. and i have yet to see anything solid that hogs won't try to rub on, if given the chance.

Comment

The critics must have swallowed their chew when they saw them pics lol

Comment

hahaha I guess so!!

Comment

Brother, I wish you the best. I apologize if anything I said was harsh, it was only meant to be light-hearted and helpful.

Where I am at:
                                1. Squirrels will eat through the plastic.
                                2. Squirrels will easily make that jump.
                                3. The Coons will not be stopped…your base looks a lot smaller then the one in the other photo…and I think they can make that jump anyhow.
                                4. The hogs will push it over if it over if it is on one post/leg and it isn’t deep in the ground.

I have had plenty of failed projects and half-baked ideas. I have no problem admitting it.

If this works, rock-on! and more power to you. If it doesn’t, I hope you get some laughs and post a report to share.

Happy hunting.

Comment

Working...
                                X