Over my target panic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bubinga View Post
    You can't give it to me, cuz I already got it. I have tried blank bale, hypno tapes, low poundage draw/hold/let down. So far nothing has worked.
    To near ya to hear ya. Nothing seems to work for me . The more I try the worse it gets. I think I will just build bows.

Comment

You can't give it to me, cuz I already got it. I have tried blank bale, hypno tapes, low poundage draw/hold/let down. So far nothing has worked.
      Ditto!!!!

Comment

Take a week off from shooting. Usually its everyday problems i let build get to me that block my concentration then my form suffers that is for me! Lol good luck!!!

Comment

I did take some time off from shooting and limited my shots to a few arrows.

Comment

I'm going to start my blank bale shooting tonight. I have got to get to where I can group at 20 yards.

Comment

Blank bale, bow weight you can control, focus on smooth, fluid shot.

Comment

As the famous coach Al Henderson says in his book Understanding Winning Archery:

He asks his students "What are you shooting?"

This arrow? The third one. Not bad at all.

The answer is "This shot." That is all that matters. The shots that developed in the past and those yet to come are of no importance. Not the arrow. You shoot ones shot, the one in the bow. This is the only shot you have to put together.

Comment

Originally posted by Green View Post
                  Like Rod says....."you don't have a target panic problem, you have a shot sequence problem". Took my slow, stubborn butt awhile to source the problem. Don't really want to give it to anyone else......not fun.
                  Rod has been helping me with this and what he actually said is that I have a problem "trusting my shot sequence." My shot is great on the bale/bag and even through the bridge. The minute I replace the bale/bag with a 3d target it all falls apart. That is clearly mental. The next step is to repeat the bridge using a 3d target instead of a bale/bag. Really not looking forward to that.

Comment

Something to try. Shoot very close to the target with eyes closed. Do this for a week. No peaking. Ingrain the shot sequence.

Comment

Allow the shot to be fluid, slowing at anchor, with a tension transition to the back muscles, the fingers are only hooks with the back of the hand relaxed, and a refusal to hold the string. The loose of the string is like a raindrop that finally gives to gravity as it departs the leaf. Visual that.
                      Last edited by Dragonheart; 07-18-2013, 08:54 PM.

Comment

I got my bow out today and did what dragon heart said , that really helps a lot . Started out at about ten yards , stare at the blank bale then closed my eyes and then feel the shot this helps a lot .
                        Last edited by Gayland Emerson; 07-28-2013, 12:02 PM.

Comment

I'm glad I read this post. I thought I was the only one suffering from this malady. I have been afflicted for a number of years now and just can't seem to shake it. It gets so bad (as Bisch can attest) that I can easily miss a 4' square bag target at 10 yards...........and that is really frustrating when your shooting next to someone who shoots as good as Bisch.
                          I've learned to accept that and just try not to put the pressure on myself that I used to.

Comment

TP forced me back to competing with wheels. If they ever allow a release in trad , watch out.

Comment

I am so glad to be over this mess.

Comment

Blank bale didn't work well for me because I'd still pick details in the hay. What I ended up doing is hanging a bag on the wall in a room and would turn lights off and crack door until I could just make out the silhouette of the bag. Then just count shot sequence and understand all the variables. As soon as you take your eyes out of the equation your anchors and flaws become more pronounced. You have the isolate issues to fix them

Comment

Working...
                                X