No announcement yet.

Trad Hog Hunt with TBH'ers April 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is definitely good news about your mother Andrew. It was a pleasure to meet you and I enjoyed our hunt together. Did you see the pic of my pig above? That's the one I put the stalk and shot on in that tree top when you were more interested in the crop duster flying overhead! LOL Post up your pig pics when you get them.

Thanks again for the kind words Chris!

~Eric

Comment

Originally posted by BAPilot2 View Post
      Gentlemen,

I've gotta say that, even though my weekend hunt was brief, I really had a good time. I welcome the chance to once again hunt with any and all of you guys sometime in the future. Good people and good fun just can't be beat!

Donnie definitely had more than enough pigs for everyone and the action was just about nonstop. I look forward to hunting at Coyote Creek again.

I'd like to extend a special thanks to Matt and Eric for taking the time to hunt with a greenhorn archer like me. This was my first time to go hog hunting and my first time to kill anything larger than a rabbit while shooting traditional archery gear. Granted, the pig I shot Friday afternoon was not the most mobile animal in the woods, but it was worthy of taking my arrow.

It sure looks like the hunting Saturday afternoon and evening was exciting. I'm sorry to have missed it. But family will always take precedence with me and I'm happy to say that my mothers condition has greatly improved and she should be released from the hospital tomorrow.

Sincerely,
      Andrew

PS. Please keep me in mind for any other group hunts that may be in the works.
      Great news, and it was nice meeting you.

Comment

It was great to meet such a great group of guys. I'm glad y'all had a good time. Thanks for inviting me to eat and share a campfire with you. The food and fellowship was off the charts. Hope to share more campfires with you in the future.
        Donnie

Comment

Okay, I finally got to a computer! I'll post up my pics shortly! I just want to say that this was one of the most memorable hunts of my life. It was great getting to know guys that are just as crazy about hunting as I am. Thanks to Donnie for a great weekend. He has an awesome place. I think in the future we need to hire a film crew to follow us around! There would be a lot of editing needed though. haha I really enjoyed sharing camp with each one of you guys. And Thanks Larry (Trad Doc 53) for putting another arrow in that pig! I think he would have got me for sure. Good Times..........

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
            Okay, I finally got to a computer! I'll post up my pics shortly! I just want to say that this was one of the most memorable hunts of my life. It was great getting to know guys that are just as crazy about hunting as I am. Thanks to Donnie for a great weekend. He has an awesome place. I think in the future we need to hire a film crew to follow us around! There would be a lot of editing needed though. haha I really enjoyed sharing camp with each one of you guys. And Thanks Larry (Trad Doc 53) for putting another arrow in that pig! I think he would have got me for sure. Good Times..........
            I don't know! You're pretty quick! That's the fastest moonwalking I've ever seen! I'm pretty sure he just came after you because that barrel ****** him off!

Comment

Originally posted by Featherflinger View Post
              I don't know! You're pretty quick! That's the fastest moonwalking I've ever seen! I'm pretty sure he just came after you because that barrel ****** him off!
              haha Yeah, Michael Jackson would have been proud!! I think it confused the pig and bought me precious time to make the shot. I'm just glad I didn't end up getting smashed like the barrel did.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	pigs.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	24297518
                TxMark

Name:	pig hunt.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	24297519
                My pig

Name:	pig g.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	24297520
                The four assassins

Name:	pig hunters.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	24297521

Good Times with some great guys! I hate that Andrew wasn't in the picture.
                Last edited by Hunter Todd; 04-07-2014, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
                  If I knew how to post videos I would post the ones we have. We'd just have to turn the volume down on one of em hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by chackworth3 View Post
                    If I knew how to post videos I would post the ones we have. We'd just have to turn the volume down on one of em hahaha
                    Yeah, that might be good to edit my video. I tend to get vocal with pigs. haha

Comment

Fellas, that sure was an awesome hunt. I just rolled into home at about 6:00. I sure hope we can do this again.

Andrew, glad to hear that your mother is doing better.

Comment

Phillip, good to meet ya and glad you made it home ok. It sure was a lot of fun

Comment

A couple of Pics.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I'm glad you made it home safe Phillip! Thank you very much for getting the hunt planned. It was the absolute most fun I've had hunting. I hope we can all get together again!

Y'all try to figure out the videos. I would love to see them.

~Eric

Comment

Phillip it was great to meet you and thank you so much for getting this hunt together. Those pics look great. Thanks for posting them. I look forward to seeing you again. Thanks, Jeff

Comment

I'm not sure if the attached video will work. If it does then it is my second hog that was bedded down under a cedar. If it doesn't than if anyone can tell me how to upload video I will do it tomorrow. Thanks!
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by chackworth3; 04-07-2014, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X