No announcement yet.

Trad Hog Hunt with TBH'ers April 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was indeed a super fun weekend. Thanks for all the good stories and good natured fun. It was definitatly an aporkalypse. The food was good and plenty of it. Thanks for including me, and I want in if we can find a place to do it next year.

Eric, you made a couple of really nice shots...well done.
    Chris, you killed pigs with only one arrow....how did you do that, well done.
    Jeff, for standing your ground and shooting a pig in the head point blank...the big'ens award.

I am sorry Andrew had to leave, I would like to have gotten to know him better...next time perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Featherflinger View Post
      That poor pig was like a pin cushion...a very angry pin cushion! I think we ended up with 5 charges from these pigs. Chris got charged this morning but it turned away at the last minute like I thought mine was gonna do. Then we found him again and I thought he was gonna charge me but he changed his mind. This weekend was so dang fun it's hard to explain!
      The charges were pretty exciting. Did anyone get anything this morning? You're right, unless you were there to experience it, this weekend was way more fun than can be explained. Super good time!

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
        That was indeed a super fun weekend. Thanks for all the good stories and good natured fun. It was definitatly an aporkalypse. The food was good and plenty of it. Thanks for including me, and I want in if we can find a place to do it next year.

Eric, you made a couple of really nice shots...well done.
        Chris, you killed pigs with only one arrow....how did you do that, well done.
        Jeff, for standing your ground and shooting a pig in the head point blank...the big'ens award.

I am sorry Andrew had to leave, I would like to have gotten to know him better...next time perhaps.
        Thanks Mark. It was great to see you again. I do hope we can get together again next year.

Comment

Pic of my trophy pig from this weekend. I got the smallest pig award.

Comment

Originally posted by EnW View Post
            The charges were pretty exciting. Did anyone get anything this morning? You're right, unless you were there to experience it, this weekend was way more fun than can be explained. Super good time!
            Todd shot a boar this morning. His first shot got deflected by a limb so we had to hunt it down and finish it with multiple shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
              This pic cracks me up. Matt, I am not laughing at you, but can you please explain the "stiff-legged stalking technique" for me. note the bedded pig in the grass.
              Oh you miss understand, that is the "I'm just casually strolling around don't pay any attention to me" stalk. See, the way it is supposed to work is you just stroll around and the pig should be alarmed at all???

Comment

Well...I'm sorry to have to admit this. This is tough to do. I discovered on this trip that the arrows I built have an extreme allergy to pigs? Imagine that? I know I placed six, yes six perfectly placed shots this weekend and some how each arrow, in an attempt to avoid and allergic reaction, managed to alter their path and avoid hitting the pig! I did manage to put some Benadryl cream on one arrow which resulted in a very poor hit and no recovery on one pig.

Comment

Super great trip!!! I think there might be plans already starting for next year.
                  Thanks Donnie for being a great host and a fabulous weekend!!
                  Really enjoyed meeting and sharing camp with everyone!

Comment

Even though it is no surprise that I am still killess I did get to put an arrow through someone elses wounded hog that charged Todd (who has replaced Bisch as my hero)who stood there like he had ice water in his veins and put an arrow in it to finish it off. This hunt ranks up there pretty close to the top! I had a great time with great folks, great host (Donnie) on a great place. Not much more to say.

Comment

I think I had more fun trying to help kill the wounded ones than actually shooting my own. I can't wait to do it again but I will definitely have some boots that are more appropriate for walking/running for long periods of time.

Comment

This definently ranks up there in my most memorable hunts and I had just as much if not more fun watching other guys shoot pigs and helping them recover them. Would've been hard to find a better group of guys to hunt with. Thanks for all the fun fellas! And I gotta tell ya one more time Eric, outstanding shot on that blonde pig to finish it off!

Comment

Gentlemen,

I've gotta say that, even though my weekend hunt was brief, I really had a good time. I welcome the chance to once again hunt with any and all of you guys sometime in the future. Good people and good fun just can't be beat!

Donnie definitely had more than enough pigs for everyone and the action was just about nonstop. I look forward to hunting at Coyote Creek again.

I'd like to extend a special thanks to Matt and Eric for taking the time to hunt with a greenhorn archer like me. This was my first time to go hog hunting and my first time to kill anything larger than a rabbit while shooting traditional archery gear. Granted, the pig I shot Friday afternoon was not the most mobile animal in the woods, but it was worthy of taking my arrow.

It sure looks like the hunting Saturday afternoon and evening was exciting. I'm sorry to have missed it. But family will always take precedence with me and I'm happy to say that my mothers condition has greatly improved and she should be released from the hospital tomorrow.

Sincerely,
                          Andrew

PS. Please keep me in mind for any other group hunts that may be in the works.

Comment

Good to hear your mother is doing better and good to get to meet you. Hopefully we will all get to go on another one next year...

Comment

BAPilot2, sent you a PM, trying to find out where to send pictures of you hog to?

Comment

Andrew it was great to meet you and look forward to hunting with you again sometime. I'm glad your mother is doing better. Hope to see you again soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X