No announcement yet.

Elephant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is awesome. Good luck on the hunt!!!
    I think I found the video Draco was talking about. Cool Old video of the hunt.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tELwpv2gFAU"]Bill Negley Elephant Bow Hunt - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Cool video

Comment

Awesome.

Comment

I used to have that whole video on VHS when I was a kid. Really wish I could dig it up and watch it. Good luck man!

Comment

I'm wondering if its still at the Witte Museum in San Antonio. Great video.
            Good luck Buff.

Comment

Cool video!

Comment

Great video thanks

Comment

The 980 grain arrows were made from a 29" heritage 350 shaft with a 21" beman flash shaft inside of it. 5 " of 8 grains per inch weight tube keep it pushed tight to the front.
                  A 125 grain brass insert and completed with a 200 grain German kinetic dang ours game head

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Awesome video!

Comment

That may have been Bill's second elephant. In the scene where he is target practicing, you can see where his mouth and eye look funny. That is where a lion got to him after he shot it. One claw ripped down through the corner of his eye and edge of his mouth.

If you do this then be careful Buff.

Comment

That's quite an arrow..... I wish I could play with the big boy toys!!

Comment

Somewhere in Africa there's an elephant wetting himself right now!

Comment

Getting just the right equipment is half the fun so...........
                              Alaska Bowhunter supply is sending me 2 of their Elephant arrows that will weigh 950 grains WITHOUT a broadhead.
                              I ordered 9 ... 300 grain Tuff broadheads and some various weight adapters. I'm hoping I can come up with a combination between the head and adapter that will bare shaft well.
                              Ordered another 100 full length feathers from 3 Rivers to add to the arrows after I get them tuned. I'm thinking 6 may be enough instead of the normal 12 as with the 200 grain insert and lighted nock the 2 I bought cost me a little over $150.00

Started shooting the 84# bow Monday. Almost couldn't shoot it but after a couple of days it is starting to come back easier.
                              I'm really trying to have some self control this time around and not tare my back up by shooting too much like I have in the pass before a big hunt. After a couple of dozen shots when my muscles start trembling, I quit of a hour or so.
                              Chunky is coming up next weekend, I hope to have the set up complete and shoot a practice pig with it

Comment

I look forward to reading about your hunt Buff. Hopefully, you can do a semi-live thread. I have no doubt you will get your Big 6.

Comment

Working...
                                X