Another flu-flu question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another flu-flu question

I recieved the flu flu feathers I ordered from Three Rivers. They are high profile but only 4" long. Will three of these on each shaft slow it enough for aerial shooting? I've seen where some folks mount four or even six on their flu-flu's. Six sounds like overkill to me, but I could do four easily enough on my Bitz - but it seems like that would cause alot of shelf contact. What do you suggest?

Originally posted by jerp View Post
    I recieved the flu flu feathers I ordered from Three Rivers. They are high profile but only 4" long. Will three of these on each shaft slow it enough for aerial shooting? I've seen where some folks mount four or even six on their flu-flu's. Six sounds like overkill to me, but I could do four easily enough on my Bitz - but it seems like that would cause alot of shelf contact. What do you suggest?
    I'd go with four. I ordered the made-up flu-flus from 3R last year for the pheasant hunt. They come with four X 5" high profile feathers. They go about 110-120 yards at a 45 degree angle out of my 50# bow.

I don't think you'd want them traveling any farther than that. Yes they do have a lot of shelf contact, but I don't see any way around it. They fly OK.

Comment

I'd do 4

Comment

It was surprising to me to see just how much those high-profile feathers flatten down in flight. I didn't notice it until I saw the pictures from the pheasant hunt.

Notice the difference in the feathers between the stationary arrow and the one in flight. You need four.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1259 (425x640).jpg
Views:	3
Size:	346.5 KB
ID:	24166716

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1298.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	24166717

Comment

Great pic!

Comment

I'ma big fan of spiral wrapped flu flu's. Double wrapped they were only flying about 80 yards and flew great out of my 60lb Quinn Stallion.

Comment

Working...
            X