Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's make the "10 Shot Challenge" an official contest!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chunky - just for you (cause I like you), 5 to 1 you can't hit a pizza box 10 times in a row at 50!

Pizza box? Not sure I could hit a pizza restaurant at 50!
    Last edited by jerp; 01-24-2013, 11:20 AM.

Comment

OK, 15 yards it is and shot at 10 times. This should be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        Ok, let's make it 15 yards to start and see what we can do. We can do it again at a longer distance in the next contest if there's any interest. To recap:
        * Warm up if you want to
        * 10 shots
        * 6" paper plate at 20 yards* Post a picture of the plate
        To give everybody 10 days to get it done, deadline to post your "plate pic" is next Sunday Feb 3rd. Sound OK?
        I'm confused, is it 15 or 20? You state both above.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Trick View Post
          I'm confused, is it 15 or 20? You state both above.

Matt
          Doh! Fixed it - 15 yards!

Comment

Thx!

Matt

Comment

Make it a walk back.

shoot 4 shot from 15 - walk back & shoot 4 shots from 20 - walk back & shoot 2 shots from 30.

Don't pull any arrows until you have shot all 10, and taken your picture.

Rick

Comment

Why warmup do you warm up before you shoot a deer. Walk outside shoot 10 arrows and see who advances to the next level.

Besides the first shot is the one that counts !!

Comment

It will be good practice before newberry shoot

Comment

Originally posted by dmaxshawn View Post
                    Why warmup do you warm up before you shoot a deer. Walk outside shoot 10 arrows and see who advances to the next level.

My thought is, unlike the First Shot Challenge this is more of a target shooting comptetition. The original premise (on the other thread) was it is surprisingly difficult to make 10 good shots in a row. That's what this challenge is designed to find out. More of a matter of stamina and focus than a one-shot hunting situation.

Comment

This is another idea I was thinking could really challenge folks is a 30 Arrow Challenge!I've kinda gotten the feeling from these threads that the general consensus is someone would be a real solid shot with hunting type Trad equipment who could keep 10 in a row in a saucer(approx 6")at 20yds and 10 in a row in a pie plate(approx 9")at 30yds. and 10 in a row in a size Large pizza box(not x-large) at 50yds. Thought this might interest some folks that have the room to shoot that far!
                      Last edited by ShaBow; 01-24-2013, 02:12 PM.

Comment

I would guess at 40 yrd seems anbout right for a paper plate... If you wanna go pizza box i would say 60 -100 to make it interesting

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                          At 50 yards it would have to be a pizza box instead of a plate - just so I could see it, much less have a chance of hitting it!
                          lol

Comment

Originally posted by dmaxshawn View Post

I think it's more interesting this way

Comment

Sounds like fun - Almost makes me want to go get a traditional bow just for this

Comment

Im in at 10 @ 15 and post the plate (longbow)......might be this weekend before i get to it tho

Comment

Working...
                                X