I nearly give up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I nearly give up!

As bad as I hate to give in, I need suggestions for, choke,choke, non traditional broadheads, you know, the ones with replaceable razor blades. That is obviously the only way I will have sharp broadheads. I am really concerned with penetration using them but have no choice. Due to my hands being burned and rebuilt, especially my finger tips, I don't have enough feeling to "feel" the burr when trying to sharpen or even "feel" when the head is sharp or not. So, I'm thinking Thunderhead 125s, then load my insert up with 75 grns. of weight? Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Send me all your traditional heads and I will get em surgical sharp at no charge..

Comment

How bout if you let me give the sharpening a go and if I can get them sharp for you then you will have your own personal broadheads sharper person right here in town lol

Comment

Originally posted by rubydog View Post
        Send me all your traditional heads and I will get em surgical sharp at no charge..
        This is probably a better option lol

Comment

Originally posted by rubydog View Post
          Terry, if I sent you all my trad broadheads to sharpen, you would be busy for a while!!lol I appreciate your kind offer, but dang, I need to be able to have something to use so that I don't have to depend on others. I may take you up on that just so I will have something to go with for now. Thanks!! And Heath, I have enough that I can let you have some to play with to!lol

Comment

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post
            Terry, if I sent you all my trad broadheads to sharpen, you would be busy for a while!!lol I appreciate your kind offer, but dang, I need to be able to have something to use so that I don't have to depend on others. I may take you up on that just so I will have something to go with for now. Thanks!! And Heath, I have enough that I can let you have some to play with to!lol
            Lol I'm sure you do doc.

Comment

I guess it will depend on what you want to spend.
              You can go from a magnus buzzcut all the way to the german kinetics.

Comment

Larry, what kind of broadheads are you trying to sharpen?

Rick

Comment

You name it I just about got it!!lol And I want to say up front that Rob tried instructing me at the Belton get together, I just don't have a nack for sharpening for some reason. And MEsquivel, I don't have the kinetics but I have lots of others in 2 blade as well as 3 blade fashion. These are the ones I guess I need to get away from, anything that requires me to sharpen them.

Comment

Larry, I too am sharpening challenged. Back a ways, I used to not have a KME sharpener and could not sharpen a butter knife. My thoughs on this was I would rather have a VERY sharp non-trad head than a so-so or not sharp cut on contact blade. I killed A LOT of animals with the Thunderhead 125's. I now use the GK Silverflames and do think they are better.....but.....if my GK's were not shaving sharp, I would rather have the sharp Thunderhead. Just about any broadhead you put on the end of your arrow will work if it is real sharp and you put it in the right place. I do believe though, that you will get better penetration with a cut on contact blade than a chisel tip head.

Bisch
                    Last edited by Bisch; 11-02-2012, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Bisch, I totally agree, I even have a KME sharpner plus lots of others, I just can't get it done. I refuse to quit the few opportunities I have to hunt, but I also refuse to hunt with a non sharp head. And lord knows, with those stupid little short bows I shoot I need ALL the penetration I can get!LOL!!!!!

Comment

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. From what I understand, Muzzys were invented by a trad shooter. They come very sharp and the replaceable blades are cheap.

Another option is Magnus Stingers. If you dull them, send them in and get a brand new replacement for free.

Comment

Until this year I used one of the idiot-proof pull sharpeners for my Magnus Stingers and they seem to work really well.

Comment

Viper tricks are scary sharp and replacement blades are fairly reasonable

Comment

Stay away from Muzzy. 90% of all lost deer stories that I hear about involve Muzzy. If all I had was Muzzy's , I'd start fishing.

Comment

Working...
                              X