Arrowsmiths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrowsmiths

Ok so I have a bunch of wood shafts and I was wondering if any of the arrowsmiths of tbh would share their tips and tricks or methods for straightening wood shafts. I have watched Arvin straighten them and he gets a wood arrow every bit as straight as a carbon I just don't seem to be getting the same results

I am glad to hear that Arvin has finally figured out how to straighten an arrow. Pay close attention to what he is doing. Rumor has it he was given good instructions but there has been a contract put out on his head for leaking classified information....

Comment

Originally posted by rubydog View Post
      I am glad to hear that Arvin has finally figured out how to straighten an arrow. Pay close attention to what he is doing. Rumor has it he was given good instructions but there has been a contract put out on his head for leaking classified information....
      Maybe I'm just not spending enough time on them and getting to frustrated ill try again this evening. In ur opinion is the shaft tamer the best tool?

Comment

I can straighten an arrow into any shape you want, except straight. I stink at it. I'm just about as good at broadhead sharpening, too.

Comment

Yes Arvin is as good at straighten arrows as anyone I've seen or myself. I heard he had gotten some really good instructions from a master also......

I will add this, it isn't something you can watch then do the first time. Its like much of traditional archery takes practice and patience. Just remember slower is better, take your time at first and you will learn what is happening and where and why to apply the pressure to get the desired results.

Comment

Originally posted by bubba1986 View Post
            In ur opinion is the shaft tamer the best tool?
            Yes for raw shafts the tamer or tamer like tool is the best. For finished shafts that need restraightening, I like the ACE tool with the roller as it doesn't damage the finish.

Comment

Originally posted by bountyhunter View Post
              Yes for raw shafts the tamer or tamer like tool is the best. For finished shafts that need restraightening, I like the ACE tool with the roller as it doesn't damage the finish.
              Alright thanks Derrick ill just sit down and take my time and see what happens lol

Comment

Originally posted by bubba1986 View Post
                Maybe I'm just not spending enough time on them and getting to frustrated ill try again this evening. In ur opinion is the shaft tamer the best tool?
                A smal fire can relieve all your frustrations!

Just sayin',

Bisch

Comment

I use the Ace with the roller and find it much easier to straighten arrows than with the Tamer. At least for me. I can usually straighten them pretty quick, but occasionaly get a stuborn one that takes a little more work. Good lighting and a really flat surface helps too.

Matt

Comment

Or do what Bisch says.

Matt

Comment

Rubydog taught Arvin well.

Comment

Depends a lot on what wood you're trying to straighten too...

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                          A smal fire can relieve all your frustrations!

Just sayin',

Bisch
                          If it comes to that ill be sure and holler at you so you can do the honors

Comment

Carbon,,,,,, it's the new Wood!

Comment

Originally posted by MeatEater View Post
                              Carbon,,,,,, it's the new Wood!
                              Got the carbons figured out

Comment

Working...
                              X