Maroon feathers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maroon feathers?

Ive looked all over the place for some maroon feathers in 5pm shield cut does anyone know how I can either get some or make some?

5in--- auto correct

Comment

I'll bet bountyhunter can give you some info on this!

Bisch

Comment

You can always order white then dye your own, it's not that hard.

Comment

Where do you get the dye?

Comment

Originally posted by bubba1986 View Post
            I know fishing fly tyers use that RIT dye you can by anywhere. I don't see why it wouldn't work for fletching type feathers - assuming they make the color you are wanting.

Comment

Originally posted by bubba1986 View Post
              Am working...bookmarks at home...I'll post links later this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                I know fishing fly tyers use that RIT dye you can by anywhere. I don't see why it wouldn't work for fletching type feathers - assuming they make the color you are wanting.
                Thanks John ill look into that

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                  Am working...bookmarks at home...I'll post links later this evening.
                  Much appreciated sir!

Comment

Thanks for the info! Need some aggie arrows

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      Except they don't make Maroon Kool Aid

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                        Except they don't make Maroon Kool Aid
                        nope...you have to custom blend to get to maroon.

Here's the Rit Dye color formulary.

Color for your clothing, décor, crafts & more. Thousands of colors to choose from. Non-toxic. Made in the USA for over 100 years.

Click on a color in the spectrum and it will expand to many other colors in that color space. Then click on the color you want for the custom-blend formula for that color.

Comment

Originally posted by fletcherfor2 View Post
                          nope...you have to custom blend to get to maroon.

Here's the Rit Dye color formulary.

Color for your clothing, décor, crafts & more. Thousands of colors to choose from. Non-toxic. Made in the USA for over 100 years.

Click on a color in the spectrum and it will expand to many other colors in that color space. Then click on the color you want for the custom-blend formula for that color.
                          I should have known you would have the answer dusty! Thanks! How are y'all?

Comment

Acturally the AMG Red feather are very, very close to Maroon. I take a picture of one and post it in a minute or two.

Comment

Here is some of the best stuff..you want the acid dye. I've been dying feathers and deer hair for fly tying for 30 some odd years.

It's not complicated, in a nut shell if you are just doing a dozen feathers or so bring a cup of water to a boil and then turn off the heat or get a candy thermometer and keep the water about 165-180 degrees. Add 2 TBS of white vinegar and probably about 1/4 tsp of dye, put the feathers in and move them around for a few minutes. Pull them out and rinse with cold water then lay on a towel and let them dry, if they aren't dark enough add more dye and repeat.

And my apologies to Jerp..I thought I read Kool Aid. Yes RIT dye works just fine, same instructions.
                              Last edited by MikeW; 10-22-2012, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X