No announcement yet.

Problems with woodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most nocks used on wooden shafts are slip nocks... however there are two different kinds of snap nocks available for use with woodies.. Snap nocks have a detent like a compound nock and will hold on the string better for a 3 under shooter or new split finger who is unused to holding the nock on the string.....

Comment

I make a pretty skinny string and double serve in the nock area. I also use
      mercury nocks which do not snap on and if they're still too loose, I'll bite them.

Comment

I tied serving as nocking points above and below where i nock my arrows.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
          I tied serving as nocking points above and below where i nock my arrows.
          Did that fix your problem?

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Bisch
            X2

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Bisch
              No. They were always there. Maybe tie them closer? It's pretty tight as it is.

Comment

Heat some water in a coffee cup, put nock in water then around serving and squeeze. Or you could just bite the nock, but I tend to get better results from the hot water.
                Last edited by bubinga; 10-23-2012, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                  No. They were always there. Maybe tie them closer? It's pretty tight as it is.
                  Leave an eighth of an inch gap between your arrow nock and your two nock points. Make your serving thicker, bite down on your nock fins, or go to a tighter nock.

If they are 3Rivers Traditional arrows, they probably have the Bohning Classic nocks. Their Marco Snap On nocks are definitely tighter.

Comment

I microwave a glass of water and insert the nock for a few seconds. Makes it mushy, then just squeeze until its the right tightness.

Comment

Working...
                    X