???? for Newbie to Trad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

???? for Newbie to Trad

I am looking at trading in my training wheels this spring. I want a long bow and have shot two of the four bows I like. Which one do yall think I should pick and do you know where I can go to shoot the other ones to see which one I like the best? I like the color of the grey bark the best.

64" Bob Sarrels Sierra $650
    64" Bob Sarrels Superstition $625 (Shot)
    64" Bob Sarrels Mongol $550
    64" Fred Bear Patriot $519.99 (Shot)

I have a Sarrels Sierra you can try out if ur ever in Belton. It's 62" and 49@28

Comment

I have a Blueridge you can try in Belton as well. (Also have Puma and Bobbcatt recurves)

Comment

Why don't you take a road trip and visit Bob? Shoot the bows. Check out the options. Etc

Comment

What are you doing this week end? We are having a shoot at our place and Bob is here with his whole inventory. A big percentage of the TBH trad folks are here, too. You can shoot bows and pick brains for two days. And eat. And eat...

Comment

You should be able to try all the Sarrels bows at his shop in Manchaca. For the bear you will have to find a dealer (shop) that carries them AND has one in stock.

You are on the right path though. The best thing to do is shoot all the ones you are interested in and then decide which one fits you best.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
              What are you doing this week end? We are having a shoot at our place and Bob is here with his whole inventory. A big percentage of the TBH trad folks are here, too. You can shoot bows and pick brains for two days. And eat. And eat...
              This what I would do!!!!

By the way I have a Superstition and just love it!!!!!

Comment

You can't go wrong with a superstition.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                  Dang I am on a paramedic rotation today.

Comment

Just go to Bob's. I have taken several people there. He lets you shoot as many bows as you want. Even bows of the same model may shoot differently for you. You will be able to find a bow that suits you perfectly as all my buddies did.

Comment

Working...
                    X