Recommendations on a tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations on a tab

I am considering trying out a tab and I was curious what all of the tab shooters use and recommend.

Thanks

The sanders Pak-tab is great! I also like the black widow three-under tab.

Comment

I shoot three under with a tab and the best one I've tried so far is made by a gentleman in North Carolina. His company name is Eagle's Flight Archery and they specialize in custom quivers, but they also make a whole slew of accessories.

His cordovan tab is very well made, breaks in easily, and wears like iron. I highly recommend it!

Comment

E.W. Bateman has a great selection of tabs
        they make my tabs

Comment

Originally posted by Loreva13 View Post
          The sanders Pak-tab is great! I also like the black widow three-under tab.
          Do they make the pak-tab in a 3 under version?

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJack View Post
            E.W. Bateman has a great selection of tabs
            they make my tabs

http://ewbateman.com/FingerTabs.htm
            I have been looking at these. My buddy shoots one and loves it

Comment

I had an E.W. Bateman till I lost it, I shot pretty well with it.

Comment

I have a Fred Eichler tab, an EW Bateman, a Black Widow, a cheapo calf-hair from Academy, and the cheaper Cavalier tab. They're all split-finger, and I like all of them, but each has their own pros and cons.

Fred Eichler and Bateman are slick and easy to use, but when it's cold out, they don't provide my whimply fingers with as much protection as I'd like.

The Black Widow is thick and nice, but not as slick feeling as the Bateman and Fred Eichler. It's probably my favorite tab out of all them, and it provides the best protection for my fingers, probably due to the fact that it's slightly thicker than the rest.

The calf-hair tab from Academy is a nice one, too, and provides good finger protection. But I noticed after time that the calf-hair started falling out.

The Cavalier tab (not the expensive one) is also super thick and protects my fingers real well. However, the tab material is a teeny bit stiff and not as pliable compared to the others. As a result, no matter how much I've trimmed it, it tends to hurt my lips and face when my release is not the best. I'm guessing the more expensive one is probably made of a more pliable material (leather?) which won't cause that problem.

I've yet to try the Saunders pak tab, but I'm tempted to buy one to see how I like it given all the good reviews I've read about it online.

Comment

Saunders is going to start 3 under tab production at the beginning of next year. When I shot compounds I used the Saunders tabs for many years with no complaints at all.

Comment

That tab Draco reworks and shoots it pretty slick!

Comment

Bateman or the Cordovan 3 under tab from 3 Rivers.

I think that they are one and the same but the 3R is a little cheaper. I rotate between 6 so I have extras but they are all broken in.

Comment

Bateman makes great stuff. I shoot best with the tabs Arvin makes for me.

Comment

Another vote for Bateman. I switched from glove to tab last year and ended up with a Bateman and have been very happy with it.

Comment

I have never tried a 3 under tab, used one back when I shot split finger. I use a glove these days. I might try one, as the glove starts to get old after a few hours in the stand.

Comment

Hey Heath, I have a Pak-Tab I'll trade you for some 175 gr. field points.

Comment

Working...
                              X