5 pigs down! And no more arrows!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 pigs down! And no more arrows!

The good lord blessd me this weekend. First I find my buck Friday that I couldn't find last weekend, and last night I shot 5 pigs and recovered all of them. If I wouldn't have ran out of arrows I could have shot a couple more. One of the pigs I ended up having to shoot 3 times to finish him off using arrows I could find from the others I shot, and the 5th pig I tracked him into some plum thickets on my hands and knees and got within 5 yards and realized he was still alive. I didn't have anymore arrows, nor could I have even shot in there so I backed out and went back in this morning and he was dead. Maybe moved another 10 yards or so. I shot 3 with Simmons interceptors and 2 with Zwickey's and penetration was alot better with the Zwickeys. I was busting thru the other side with them, but the simmons would not. That last pig was with a Simmons and it was angled forward into the chest. The spotted one was a similar angle and busted out the chest(Zwickey). I've shot 4 pigs in one sitting before but never 5. Life was good.

Matt
    Attached Files

Nice KAP X5

Comment

Congrats man can't wait till I'm good enough to get a trad kill to spark my fire even more lol

Comment

Congrats. I hate that you ran out of arrows.....imagine if your quiver was full with 10-15. You would have pigs everywhere!!!!!

Comment

Congrats, Matt. You a pig slayin' dude.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Dang bud that's awesome! Congrats! Did you already post pics of your buck you recovered?

Comment

KAP
                Amazing!

Comment

Wow! Congrats on all the Pigs!! Pretty Exciting!! and Congrats on finding your buck!!

Comment

With trad gear! Sir you did us proud!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

****, I consider 5 pigs per hunt with dogs a good day... But with a bow? I am not worthy!

Congrats,

Steve

Comment

Nice job!
                          I read the whole thing before I looked at the pics. I was thinking of piglets.
                          Al 5 are grown pigs. Wow!

Comment

Wow!!! You're the man Brother Matt

Comment

Now that's thinning the herd.....good job.

Comment

Working...
                              X