Which shoots better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which shoots better?

I was wondering what some of y'all thought about shooting a one piece bow and a three piece take down, and if you shoot better with one or the other. I feel like I shoot my one piece Sarrels Blackhills II better than my takedown Blueridge S/R! I'm wondering if it is because of the one piece having less mass or what?? What do y'all think?

Jason sometimes we just become one with certain bows. Sometimes its because that is what you shoot the most so of course you will shoot that one better. It could be one is tuned better than the other.At the end of the day shoot what is most comfortable to you. I shoot so many different bows that unless one is just junk and has alot of hand shock or slow as molasses they all shoot the same for me to an extent. This may not be the answer you where looking for but its mine. You coming to the weaver shoot?

Comment

Personally, I prefer the center mass/ stability of a take-down.

Comment

Arvin I wish I could make it! I have been working so much that its not funny! The time I have off I'm spending with my family and trying to do a little hunting! I hope to make it next year! Y'all have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by fletcherfor2 View Post
          Personally, I prefer the center mass/ stability of a take-down.
          Between the bows mentioned I agree with you Dusty. The LR Blueridge would be my favorite. Both are fine bows though.

Comment

Never shot a takedown longbow but I prefer my Sierra over my takedown recurves

Comment

I'll usually take a takedown over a 1-piece because of it's mass in the riser.
              the lighter the limbs, usually the faster.
              but there are exceptions like a 1-piece Hoyt Pro-Medalist

Last edited by CaptJack; 10-11-2012, 10:23 AM.

Comment

It's all personal preference. I bet if you ask 10 guys this you will get half that will swear one way and half that will swear the other.

That being said, I prefer my Blueridge takedaoen to any other bow I own. Can't tell you if it has to do with being a takedown or if it just "fits" me.

Bisch

Comment

I prefer take downs (ILF of DAS) for the flexibility of limbs options. But I have a one piece longbow in case I want to shoot the TSLC.

Comment

I agree with those above....if all else is the same. I think the take down is better for the same reasons. More material in the riser, and weight. Makes for a more stable and forgiving bow.

It may look a little "chunky" but that can be a good look.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
                      I agree with those above....if all else is the same. I think the take down is better for the same reasons. More material in the riser, and weight. Makes for a more stable and forgiving bow.

I see what you did there.

Comment

Generally I like the way takedowns shoot and feel better!

Comment

I shoot a longer bow with a heavy riser the best i guess but a dead deer is a dead deer

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                            I see what you did there.

Comment

If you're shooting targets then there is a good chance that you'll prefer a 3 piece take down bow for the added mass. If you only shoot live animals the odds are you won't care and it'll be about what you like..

As for me I much prefer the one piece longbow, there is just something about the feel and the flowing lines that suits me... And since I don't shoot competitively nor do I fly with my bow I can easily afford the inconvenience of a one piece bow.

Comment

Working...
                              X