Average speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Average speed?

I had vowed to never chrony a trad bow, but my brother was messing with one this weekend, and curiosity got the best of me...

So now I know that I am shooting a 620gr arrow at 165fps from my 53lb recurve, and I am extra curious because I have no idea what that means.

What do you guys think is the average speed is from each of the three, self bow, long bow, and recurve?

Steve

So now I know that I am shooting a 620gr arrow at 165fps from my 53lb recurve, and I am extra curious because I have no idea what that means.

That means it is all good. 165fps at 12gpp is just fine. And that arow will put a wallop on a critter too.

I get about 177fps out of my longbow at 10gpp. To me anything slower than about 150fps is getting real slow and anything getting 190fps or above is blazing fast.

Besides, Steve, all speed does for ya is make ya miss faster!

Bisch
    Last edited by Bisch; 10-08-2012, 04:24 PM.

Comment

550 grains at 160 fps from 49-53 pd selfbow. That is a good one . The average would would be 150-155 from same set up.

Comment

Yup, good enough...and in the average zone for that set up.

Comment

Steve,

That will kill just about anything in North America. So go hunting!!!

Comment

Yep, I was just curious. As Bisch suggest, it hits like a ton of bricks. I have no concerns about my ability to "do work" with it.

Steve

Comment

What does more damage when it hits at 160 fps a BB or a bowling ball? There you go

Comment

I was running @160 from a 40lb Samick Sage. I think I was close to around 15 GPP.

Comment

Originally posted by thebowhunters View Post
                  What does more damage when it hits at 160 fps a BB or a bowling ball? There you go
                  I would rather carry the BB gun than a gun that shoots bowling balls.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinpool View Post
                    I would rather carry the BB gun than a gun that shoots bowling balls.
                    Hey Todd where you get those kind of bb guns?

Comment

Working...
                    X