Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any experience with Eclipse Werewolf broadheads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any experience with Eclipse Werewolf broadheads?

These look pretty good to me and they come in the 150gr size I need. Single or double bevel - $90 per 6. Anybody shoot them?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	WerewolfNewWebsite (500x484).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	24927656

I like the looks of them but have never tried them. They are not wide enough for my liking.

I really like a 1 1/2" wide blade if I am going to shoot a 2 blade (which I do). The difference in blood trails is enormous!

Bisch

Comment

Those look really good. Let us know how they work out, if you decide to give them a try.

Comment

man those look pretty cool.. But for pigs i would get 150gr magnus stingers.. They are a little cheaper and if you bend one send it back and they will replace it..

Comment

The price is really good but I would like to have at LEAST a 1 1/2 inch cut as Bisch said. I've tried several fixed and mechanical BH over the years. The last ones were the Magnus Stinger and the Grim Reaper which I shot and later rejected. I have returned to my BH of choice this year. Both animals shot this year had massive blood trails and short recoveries: 50 yards and under.

Comment

I sure like the looks of them but I went with the regular Eclipse. Now I can't find them!! Oh well, I couldn't sharpen them anyway! When are you gonna drop something?? I'm ready for an LDP from you!

Comment

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post
              When are you gonna drop something?? I'm ready for an LDP from you!
              From your lips to God's ears! Life is getting in the way of me having many hunting opportunities this bow season. Went for the rain-soaked opener, can't go again until the 20th. I'll score one of these days -- or months -- or years...

Comment

I'd recommend these: Simmons Tree Sharks 1 9/16" wide and 175 grains.

I'm shooting them now and they fly like field points. Resharpen great with a crock stick.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post
                  I'd recommend these: Simmons Tree Sharks 1 9/16" wide and 175 grains.

I'm shooting them now and they fly like field points. Resharpen great with a crock stick.
                  I strongly suggest not shooting these at pigs.> I shot 5-6 hogs with them last year and never once had a broadhead poking out the opposite side.. THen i switched to ace heads and got a pass through on multiple pigs...

THat being said.. I am shooting the 2 inch tree sharks at pigs this year.. However im shooting my 57# bow.. Hopefully it will have enough umph to punch it in there

Comment

Dont know any thing about those heads. But I have no dought that a vpa two blade or there three blade will get the job done no matter what if you do your part. But if you use them let us know how they worked.

Comment

Working...
                    X